1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McGay....?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ColbieMarie, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

So tonight I was in my Cultural Diversity in Education class. We got into groups to discuss our peer interviews. For this assignment we had to interview someone that was culturally different than ourself. I told my group about my Egyptian, Muslim friend from highschool that I interviewed. One girl interviewed a friend a lesbian. This girl told her about how in high school she got a knife pulled on her by some girls.

We got on that topic and this guy, (who is already a teacher and just taking this class to keep his degree) teaches 6th grade. He then told us of a student he had the previous year, his name was McCabe. He was a very feminine boy and the teacher thought that eventually this boy would discover that he was gay, but he was 12 at the time so I didn't really know much. The other kids were horrible to him and called him McGay.

I think that, thanks to his peers, (is he is gay) he will learn to hate himself because of it, or force him to deny or ignore his sexuality, it will be soooo long before he accepts himself. It just sucks.

Basically I want to say two things on this:
    1. Kids are mean.
    2. What do you think this boy's life will be like (if he actually is gay)??

2. Nixon

Suck, he will tend to be more depressed about and ashamed.

3. Quitex

Quitex Guest

IT HAD HAPPENED TO ME!
    And yes. Acceptance was way harder. I was(kinda am) very... feminine too. So I was mocked all way since kindergarten. Yes. Kindergarten.
    I just don't wish that harsh mocking and bullying to anyone. The saddest thing? The guys that were very mean to me were all Jehovah's Witnesses.

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1. Everyone is mean
    2. Everyone is bullied

When I was younger (11-13), I was constantly made fun of for doing well in school, for wearing glasses, and for being suspected of being gay. I never "flaunted" anything, I'm not exactly effeminate, but everyone would call me a queer or a homo, and I know the effect it had on me.

I forced myself into the closet and tried to deny that I ever had feelings for the same sex. I tried to make myself straight, I even once tried to make myself asexual (like bargaining; if I can't be straight, then I won't be gay either). I became the rude and uncaring one myself, because I didn't want that suspicion to be cast back on me. For about a year or two, I was a terrible person because I was so afraid that the mocking would start back up if I wasn't.

Whether or not this will to the kid in your post, I don't know. But I know it can happen.

5. JayC

JayC Guest

he will probably end up revolting b/c he cant accept himself for who he is or he could just accept himself keep it to himself for a few years and then finally tell some1 and be happy about it lets hope for the latter of the two

6. Amy

Amy

embarassed, forced to hide who he really is, deppressed, unhappy...

i could say more or get out a thersaurus, but i think that covers it.

ashamed to say the least

how long ago was he in 6th grade?

7. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I believe it was last year, or possibly the year before, so he's like 13 or 14 now.

8. Amy

Amy

thats terrible. i was thinking it was while ago at first, but i guess most of the country isnt as progressed as i had thought.