1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a small problem.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bookworm15, Oct 6, 2014.

1. bookworm15

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Today, my friends stole my book that I use to write in my homework. This book also has in it some doodles, which includes (I know they defininately saw it as they commented on another doodle on that page!) : the pansexuality symbol, you know the weird 'p'
    One of these friends is a lesbian, another bi and the third, straight as far as I know. They may have figured it out. Bearing in mind that I haven't come out to ANYONE this is a problem. Any advice would be apriciated.
    E.

2. Mickz

Well if they do figure it out, and I'm sure from 2/3 are lesbian and Bi, they will be cool with you, you can ask them to keep it to themselves? Just a thought :slight_smile:

3. Hexagon

It's likely that anyone who recognises that symbol is going to be sympathetic to queer people. Our enemies are rarely patient or informed enough to understand the subtleties of our identities. If anyone does notice it, it won't be conclusive evidence. They just won't be so shocked when you do eventually tell them.

Really, what would be so bad about them finding out?

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Nobody going to bring up the 'stolen' book? Like, how did they steal it?

5. bookworm15

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Kaiser - they stole it out of my blazer pocket.
    Yeah I'm not at all worried about their reaction, coz I know they'll accept me completely. Its just im not sure im ready to come out yet. I'm not brave enough.
    Plus secrets never really stay secrets.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Well, if they look at it and know what is in there, there is three options.

One, you come clean and tell them. Hard at first, but easier in the long run.
    Two, you deny it -- maybe even say, none of that stuff is your's. Easy at first, but harder in the long run.
    Three, you try and get the book back, before they can look in it. Just plain desperation.

Ignoring it probably won't work, so, that is why I say three options, instead of four.

That said, if they stole your book out of your coat pocket, what kind of friends are those? Invading somebody's personal space is not cool.

Whatever winds up happening, I'd express concern over the stealing at least.

7. bookworm15

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, they didn't steal it to be mean and I grabbed it back after like 2 mins. Thanks for the advice, seriously ALL of you, thank you.

---------- Post added 6th Oct 2014 at 10:07 PM ----------

I think that if my lesbian friend (the one im closest to & kinda have a crush on) asks I'll come out. But if the other two ask, I'll deny it.
    Thank you for all the help. What do you think to this idea? Any more suggestions are welcome.
    E