1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 5s or ipad 1?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad 1....which one do u think I should use for browsing the web? I like the ipad but it seems a bit more slow then the iPhone so I thought id ask for opinions and why!

#1 Akira12, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    iPhone defintely! The iPad is slow as molasses and it freezes. The iPhone has a much better operating system. It's even faster than my laptop.

3. flatlander48

The 5S has a 64-bit processor and is only one generation removed from the 6 series. Your iPad is maybe 3 generations from current and has a 32-bit processor. All things being equal, such as iOS version, the 5S should be faster. However, while the 5S will run iOS 8, I'm not sure how far you can take your iPad. It may not be able to run iOS 8.

4. mangotree

If screen size is important to you, go the iPad. If not, go the iPhone.

5. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    iPhone of corse my iPad is so slow I could walk to the coffee shop, order a coffee, and get back before it loads

6. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love the screen size but since as stated above my iPad is a few generations behind when updated to iOS 8 it's so horribly slow!! Thanks for all the opinions and yea I shall be going back to the iPhone....I'm writing this on it xD. Wishing u all a lovely week!

7. mangotree

Maybe if you can work out a way to go back to iOS 6, the iPad would be better.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Are you sure you have the original iPad?

It is not able to update to iOS8. I believe my mother's iPad cannot get past iOS 5

Anyways, the new iPhone 5s does use iOS 8, which isn't a very nice OS either (I own an iPad mini). But it is better than a very outdated device.

9. Blossom85

I have a second generation iPad and it has told me I can download IOS8, however I refuse to yet as it has said to be a major pain in the butt.. I have read somewhere the iPhone 4 and before that can't upgrade to IOS8 which is what my iPhone is, a 4. I don't see many issues with my iPad at all.. I have been using my iPad more then my laptop lately as it is more mobile and compact. The iPhone is too small a screen unless you get the latest iPhones which have a bigger screen.

10. shinji

shinji Guest

Technically speaking, a bigger screen = better experience, also you don't need that much horsepower for simple browsing.

That being said, apple products are so, so... meh. If i were you, i'd get an android phone/tablet and flash cyanogenmod on that bad boy! Then be all cool like and ppl will ask, "omg what is that" and you can go all cool and... say nothing. And they will be so envious cuz they have these mind bogglingly "user friendly" iOS enabled devices and you will be sporting this super advanced OS that you can pretty much basically do anything you wanted on.