1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got the dreaded question to day "Are you a lesbian "!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Oct 7, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So we were at dinner , my mom I were talking about Raven Symoone my mom got upset and said didn't that mayor de blasio's wife say ,she was a lesbian when she was young then ended up with a guy . My mom then said that feminine women can't be lesbians and only real lesbians are butch , and feminine lesbians are bisexual they can't be gay and their confused and they will eventually end up with a man .
    I then said " Well mom maybe mayor de blasio's wife was bisexual and thought she was gay " My mom then said " Everyone's bisexual "
    I then asked my mom if she too is bisexual she then said no , and she's too old to be bisexual , she's not but she thinks everyone else is . I then said I don't agree that everyone is bi ,and there are some straight people that aren't into the same sex .
    She then yelled at me and said " I don't like the way your mind is going , it's evil the way your thinking , you could end up in trouble with thinking like that , I don't know what's happening but I don't like it one bit the way you think!!!! . "
    I then told her mom there are straight ,people that don't like the same sex .
    My mom then lashed out that there are women out there that would screw me like a man and that women turn gay in jail and in all girl schools .
    She then said I just don't think a feminine woman can be a lesbian and the real lesbians are the ones that look like men and the rest of us just get confused .
    So then my mom said that everyone's bi and gays and lesbians are sick then I said I'm i'm not bi .
    She then got mad and yelled at me and said
    " Are you a lesbian !? " It was so loud i thought the house shook
    Then she said " You never brought a man home ! Are you a lesbian !"
    I told her no I also told her I could be with a guy and she wouldn't even know . Which was true in the past .
    But what really ticked me off is when she said feminine women can't be lesbians .:tantrum:

2. Ashley2103

3. DarkestDream

Your mother is EXTREMELY misinformed. Let her keep her opinions, don't shatter her view of life, you probably couldn't anyway.
    As long as you know who YOU are, that's what matters! (*hug*)

4. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Pinch her left nipple.

5. CyanChachki

I love that she's still dating AzMarie, though.. I thought those two broke up years ago. AzMarie is such a cool person and she is perfect for Raven. They're perfect for each other. :grin:

6. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wait her actual name is Raven? I thought it was just the name of the character she was playing as.

Edit: Dude, she's like Drake and Josh. Their real names are Drake and Josh.

7. TheStormInside

Oh my christ. :eusa_doh: Stocking, I'm very tempted to say that as a general rule, whatever your mother says you should be doing, do the opposite. Whatever your mother thinks, think the opposite. Woops, I actually said it, didn't I?

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If only I knew how to do that , she just ticked me off with her feminine women can't be lesbians .:tantrum:

9. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    And suddenly I'm reminded of a certain Goosebumps book I read that ended with the heroes pinching the monsters because it was the only way to stop them...

10. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Top lel.

[​IMG]

My all time favorite gif by the way.

11. TheStormInside

I understand. When you're raised a certain way it can be hard to separate out what are your parents' biases and values vs. what is the general norm, or even, what your own values are. And with someone as strong-willed as your mother seems to be it must be particularly difficult to drown out that voice. I think it's probably a good idea to question the things she says (not to her face, but in your own mind) which I do see you doing here already, so that is a step in the right direction. Your mother has a lot of very backwards and antiquated ideas about things, it's as though she's living in the 50s. I hope you're able to get out of that house and away from her influence sooner rather than later :frowning2: .

12. MisterTinkles

LMFFFAO!

Sorry, I have to laugh at your mother!!!! LMFFFAO!!!!

And thats what I would have done, if I were there.........LMFFFAO, right in front of her.
    And when she asked what was so funny, I would tell her........

YOUR STUPIDITY!!!! HOW did you make it through life this far without breaking your neck, falling down stairs, falling off a bridge, or walking out in traffic??????

13. Q-Tip

[​IMG]
    Its gonna be okay hun...

14. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    uh-no not another comment from your mom

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's now telling me gays are wrong for wanting rights . I really don't get what's up with her funny thing is the conversation we were just having didn't start about gay rights she just took it there .:confused:

16. DarkestDream

I deal with the same stuff! I figured since I was older, I'd get more respect regarding who I was, but NOPE. I think our mom's live in a bubble!

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree , it just racks my brain how they can think this you know uggh gets me mad :tantrum:. Normally I ignore it but this was the one thing I always dreaded when coming out to my mom , telling me i'll find a man or that I'm bisexual . It's like God how can someone be so dumb :tantrum:
    Can't she think of it as I just like women the same way she likes men .:bang:

18. Ashley2103

[​IMG]

19. DarkestDream

I GOT IT! Tell her to picture herself with a woman..ask her how it feels to her. THEN tell her...'THAT'S what *I* feel like when I'm with a man' (!)