1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-Op transgender doing drag?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CyanChachki, Oct 9, 2014.

1. CyanChachki

I've been wanting to post this for quite some time but didn't because I was afraid to ask. I'm Pre-Op but after my operation I would like to continue doing drag but as a drag queen. Recently, I've made a post about a certain someone (not on EC) who made a comment about how I couldn't be a drag queen because because I would've already been female and that it was cheating and it made me a little more motivated to hear the community as a whole, talk about this.

I ask this with an open mind because I want open and honest answers.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well it's your choice. But I don't know how I personally feel about it. I suppose it'd be like any other male actor playing a character or persona. Would it be technically drag? I guess that depends on how you define it. Personally, I've never done drag nor been in the community. I know a few people who actually did drag after transition. Your choice :slight_smile:

(Edit- ACK!! I didn't see you were male and trans!! I'm so sorry!)

#2 drwinchester, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
  3. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not know about anyone else, or how they feel about it, but honestly, I really do not see a problem with it. You would not be cheating, and you would be continuing something you enjoy. Although it is a bit confusing. Still, it is your life, and you should do what you feel comfortable doing.

4. Nikky DoUrden

Cheating ?
    I think he's just jealous of you ?
    You should do whatever you feel comfortable with, in my honest point of view I dont see whats wrong with it :slight_smile:

5. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    [​IMG]

You're a girl, getting a sex change operation to become a guy, but you still want to dress like a girl and wear make up?

I guess that's cool. I don't see how that's cheating, but I don't really understand a lot of things.

6. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

That person sounds really ignorant. I feel like that's the type of person that would say a lesbian who has been with a guy is not a true lesbian. Would it also be considered cheating if a guy worked in a women's store or at a make-up counter? What, to that person, are the rules for being a drag queen? I'm sorry; I'm getting a little crazy. I just hate when people tell other people they can't be or do something. Who are they to comment on someone else's life without being asked?

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

He's a GUY who performs drag. Don't be ignorant. And don't EVER call a trans guy a girl or a trans girl a guy.

Guys perform drag. It happens. Who the fuck is Divine or Ru Paul then?

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't even have to be post-op. I know plenty of trans guys who do, and they haven't even had the surgery yet; some might never.

It's about what you're comfortable with, honestly.

9. Hexagon

There's no problem with it. If you like it, do it.

10. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Fucking shit I said what I said because it's easier for me to put two and two together. I'm fully aware guys doing drag, I just think it's weird being a girl going to guy and dressing up as a girl. Unless it's a fun factor. My old high school had competitions on this stuff. And before you ask, no it was not making fun of anyone. It was there for fun. Girls dressed up and so did guys. And I don't even know who those two are. Geez why do people get so uptight whenever someone doesn't get something.

11. CyanChachki

To clear the air, I do understand where you're coming from and I do understand why some are confused. Some may think that transgenders want to be 100% male or female (whichever they're transitioning to) which isn't completely true.

I'll explain. As a biological female I like to do things like put on make up and take a purse around with me, sometimes I like wearing dresses and clothing that is for women. With that being said, I want to be male. I've questioned myself along the way because of how I act and what I like to wear but I've realized that a lot of men do the same things that I do. When I am done with surgery, I will still be bisexual and I'm not going to pretend that I'm not into make up and female clothes and I that I'm not going to put on a fake act to make myself appear more masculine. I don't want to change and I will never change my personality and the things that I like in order to make a few people comfortable with the idea.

Regardless, I meant what I said when I said that I want honest and open opinions.drwinchester, thank you for standing up for me. Random Trall, I'm fully aware that this is your honest opinion and I'm alright with that. I don't mind helping others understand me, please don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any more.

#11 CyanChachki, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone can perform in drag. We have drag queens and drag kings, along with faux kings and faux queens, so why is a trans guy wanting to perform as a female so different?

The point of drag is to have fun. They're not living as women 24/7, only during performances. That's assuming they'll be performing as women and not something/someone else.

13. MrK21

I honestly see absolutely wrong with it, drag just a form of entertainment and is not something to be taken seriously. I actually made a post about that not too long ago.
    I have seen transmen that were drag kings and some that are drag queens. Seriously
    I don't see why either is a big deal.

And seriously, transmen that crossdress are just men that crossdress. Whoopee freaking shit. Although many might be dysphoric about that, I say whatever makes them happy.

14. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    At least you fucking explained it. Like I said in my first post, do whatever I still don't see how it's cheating.

Never said they were different. Said it was weird unless it was a fun factor. And I already told you about my old high school classmates, both genders, doing it for fun. But it was also a competition.

15. CyanChachki

I am doing it for fun and a possible career. I don't know how well the career will work out so I'm not putting all of my work into it just yet but for now I am getting pieces here and there, learning how to do make up and all that good stuff before surgery. We'll see how it goes :slight_smile:

16. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm most likely non-op if we're going to be technical and I sure as hell want to partake in drag. I just want to, y'know, still pass as a guy (and a hot one no less) in a dress and heels. Don't see what the issue is, especially don't see how it'd be considered 'cheating' since you're not a girl, anyway.

18. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What? non-op? So you are a guy, that just happens to want/like dressing in woman's clothing? That's just crossdressing right? That's what you're describing?

You like dressing as a girl, but you don't want to change sex. That's what you're saying right?

[​IMG]

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm a guy, yes. I just don't desire to have bottom surgery, at least not right now. And yes, I think feminine clothes are nice.

I mean, clothes don't equate to someone's gender, either. Gender expression and identity are two completely different things. Don't see why it's so strange for someone to want to dress however they'd like, anyway, guys look pretty hot in thigh highs and dresses so I'm not complaining. :grin:

20. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    All I wanted to know was if you were a crossdresser. Since, you pretty much described it instead of using the actual word. Unless crossdressing is something else.