1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Coming Out Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ElvenDragon, Oct 9, 2014.

1. ElvenDragon

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is anyone planing to come out this National Coming Out Day this Saturday? I'm probably going to make a big vid and come out on FB and stuff.

2. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll be going to Models of Pride.

3. C P

C P

Nah.

...but has it really been a year already? It only feels like a short while ago that I saw the thread about last year's.

4. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It's time to reveal to my family that I'm pregnant.

Wait I'm just fat. False alarm.

I also have a penis.

Unless....Oh geez.

5. FlyingCheese

Out Status:
    A few people
    Today at dinner my dad said "None of you are having boyfriends until you're 21"
    I wanted to say "How 'bout a girlfriend?"
    I don't have the confidence or personality to come out in such a manner, I get heart palpations talking about personal stuff.
    No, I won't be coming out on saturday.
    I'll probably come out when I'm an adult who can handle the weird look I'm going to get the second after I do.

6. Blossom85

I don't think I will yet, however it is an interesting idea to come out on a day like that.. If I was a little braver, I might.. But just yet.. I am not fully ready to quite just yet.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would be cool, but I'm not ready for that unfortunately. :/

8. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Try not to think of it personal. Say it like a joking manner and see how he responds. Unless you have some scary hardcore conservative type. I would say that family will always be there, but considering all the other people here and their stories about their family I can see why you're timid about coming out. But still if you're dad is cool, I don't see why not.

Since you sound upset here's a joke one of my old gay friends told me. Fucking loved it.

I forgot how the joke goes, but one day a daughter tells her father that she was a lesbian. The father was accepting. The next day his second daughter came to him expressing her love of women as well. Now disgruntled the father yells, "Does anyone in this family like dick?" off in the corner the father's son raises his hand.

Edit: Now I'm off to play DC Universe online.

Edit: Nevermind have to wait for patch to patch.

#8 RandomTrall, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  9. josh9623

I'm not sure if I'm going to come out on saturday or not. I am thinking about just putting a post on facebook that is something to the effect of "for those of you who don't already know, I'm gay. I have always been this way, and there is no changing it. I hope that this will not change the light in which you see me, and if it does I hope that you will be understanding of it. If you have any problem with this, that is something that you will have to deal with. If you have anything hateful to say, save us both the time and unfriend me."

not sure of the exact wording yet, but I think I am in a place where I can finally be fully open to the rest of my family without really caring if they react poorly.

EDIT: I am also considering making a video

#9 josh9623, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  10. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Looks a bit wordy, but then again I'm the straight forward aggressive type.

Edit:
    I would advise against that as it's not really important, but if it's something you want to do "face to face" go for it. Simple message would suffice for me.

11. Sorceress of Az

I am so scared of the idea of coming out or being outed,
    that when I think about it,
    I start having severe panic attacks,
    the thought that occupies my mind when I think about it and panic is, "I don't want to be alone, what if they hate me, reject me, I don't want to be alone, can't be alone."

So I doubt I will. Though some times I get this rage like feeling that makes me want to just tell everyone on Facebook and then yell it out really loud.

12. Hexagon

No. I'm perfectly happy with the state of my outness.

13. Randomcloud

I want to but I'm sure I'll chicken out (ie. posting it as a FB status or something). Maybe I'll text some friends...but I don't know how to word it. *frustrated sound*

14. lukeluvznicki13

I already came out today to my mom so that's my coming out day activity done :slight_smile:

15. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Im thinking about it but so nervous and scared its not gonna be easy every time I try my heart beats so fast then I give up besides I don't really know how id start the conversation

16. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

National coming out day of what nation?....

17. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh my gosh thats right I forgot

18. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

A lot of people have feelings of rejection. It's a pretty common fear. Go slow about it, see how your families feel first. If I had a lgbt kid, I would be pretty upset for two reasons. 1. They feel uncomfortable talking to me about it. That tells me that somewhere down the line I've failed. The fact that my own kid feels scared to talk to me. I'm the father, I'm supposed to be protective and always there. My own kid is afraid to talk to me? I fucked up some where. 2. I was hoping for grandkids, but I'm more concerned with how my kid feels. Have your parents ever talked about the subject? Or do they just don't think about it? I'd take small steps. Like the recent news with the lgbt and 5 states. I'd just bring that up. "Hey did you hear about the same sex marriage for the 5 states?" see what they say about that. If it's positive, great. If it's negative, well...I got nothing.

Calm down. You can start with what I said to the other guy/girl I didn't look at their gender and I really don't care to. " I'd take small steps. Like the recent news with the lgbt and 5 states. I'd just bring that up. "Hey did you hear about the same sex marriage for the 5 states?" see what they say about that. If it's positive, great. If it's negative, well...I got nothing."

Someone worded it up top. I said it was wordy, but that is just me. You can use that kind of like a reference or just say the same thing.

19. K Dot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Planning to is a very different thing from actually doing it.

(planning to come out to my Dad btw)

20. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The only difference would come down to the person, whether they have the courage or not to. "Do or do not, there is no try"