1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many times do i have to explain this?!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 101DeadRoses, Oct 9, 2014.

1. 101DeadRoses

Okay, so I was looking on a Buzzfeed video's comments on YouTube, and what do I see but a bunch of people basically saying that if you don't look a certain way you are "disgusting." The full quote of the guy who said this is "Tattoos on a woman are disgusting. Piercings anywhere but on the ears are disgusting."
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that this was your body. I apologize. *Eye roll.*

Okay, listen up.

First of all, you are entitled to your own opinion. But you are NOT entitled to shove said opinion in anyone's face and say that they are disgusting if they don't agree.
    Second of all, saying what any gender is or is not allowed to do? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
    Third, not your body. Think what you will, but don't you dare tell me what to do with my body. Again, have your opinion, and give it honestly if you are asked. But don't ever shame a person for not believing what you believe.
    And finally, to those out there who have been shamed for being themselves: All you have to do in lif is not hurt anyone and wear some sort of clothing, at least in public, and you're FINE.

Anyway, rant over. You can go back to the other forums.

2. Blossom85

I very much agree with that. I don't much like the look of tattoos on anyone, yet when members of my family get a new one, I don't tell them my thoughts on it.. I just smile and say that looks nice, cause it's not my body and it's not my decision what others do with their bodies, the only thing I get annoyed at is when people with tattoos are always asking why I don't have any or why I don't wanna get one.. So it does also work on the other side as well, some people with tattoos think everyone should have one and don't like others opinions on the matter either.. However, It is about looking past what others think and just doing what you enjoy doing and what makes you happy.

3. 101DeadRoses

Agreed.

4. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can completely understand how and why you feel this way. I disagree. While I would find it in poor taste, I do think someone has every right to voice whatever opinion they might have. Especially on something like youtube. I might get hate for it, but I'd defend people like the Westboro Baptist Church. They can say whatever they want so long as they don't incite violence or cause it themselves.

Once you invite censorship on anything, you invite it on everything.

5. 101DeadRoses

Actually, I agree with you. What I was trying to express in my post was that it's very distasteful of the commentor to say things like that. He was, after all, calling a large group of women disgusting for liking something. He even attacked women with large, natural breasts. There was no "in my opinion." no "but that's just me." He wasn't expressing his opinion in a civilized way, he was bullying.

What I was trying to say was that, instead of bullying people who think differently, people should give their honest opinion in a POLITE way.

In the long run, pretty much all of us need a lesson in proper manners, including myself.

Well, that's my opinion :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Randomcloud

I agree. What a totally close-minded statement for these people to make... yes, they're entitled to their views but that means we're entitled to roll our eyes at them and view them as morons lol. I feel that people who bother posting comments like that have some kind of insecurity of their own and feel they need to do it to feel better about themselves.