1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House or Apartment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doglover44, Oct 10, 2014.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Which do you prefer houses or apartments I like apartments better then houses because you don't have all the payments of a house with a apartment all there is rent and if something is broken they fix it.

2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apartments are easier to deal with, but I prefer houses. I like having more space and I like having yard space. I live in a house right now with 7 people (it's a 5-bedroom house). It's honestly an awesome experience, but I could see getting my own apartment some day.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I live in a house but when I'm older I see myself living in an apartment. Maybe even a simple studio apartment. Because I hate cleaning and all I have to pay is rent and then just as u said if something's broken they fix it

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

RV.

It's cheaper for moving, when you want a new place to live.

5. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    House. More private and can play as loud as I want on guitar.

[​IMG]

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't mind living in a condo. All the perks of ownership, plus you don't have to mow your lawn in the summer, no raking leaves in the fall, and best of all, no shoveling your driveway in the winter.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Having lived in the same house for most of my life before moving for school and then always having apartments that are converted from houses, I definitely prefer the wider space and comfort of a house. Sure, it may require more work, but there's a much greater sense of ownership, like a miniature kingdom instead of a fief.

8. Ryujin

I'd like to live in a house, a small one albeit, but still a house. There are restrictions to what you can do in a flat (apartment) and I don't want to pay rent indefinitely for the rest if my life.

9. Candace

Apartment! So that I never ever have to mow a lawn ever again :lol: and I don't need a whole lot of space. I love big cities (I come from a very large one), so that's probably why.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Neither. Condo or townhouse. Townhouse is nice because you only have one wall in common. A condo is usually a flat and they would only work if they put enough insulation above you, below you, and in walls next to other units.

I've come to be real vigilant about this. When I was renting an apartment about 1/2 a mile away from the university, the landlord who had it put up skimped on whatever was needed to control the sound between apartment units. The unit next to my bedroom had townies living there. One was a girl who was an exotic dancer or something similar in town. One night, she had a guy over and they were having sex and I heard her say "You've got the hairiest ass I've ever seen." (I remember thinking that hairiness on someone's ass can be hot). Then, she had some "issues" and she was gone. Next, there was an aloof, 30ish, good looking guy living there. On a couple of occasions, he had a male guest over. Based on the sounds and voices, I think it was the same one. One of those 2 guys was getting plowed pretty good. One day, I was getting into my car, I saw both of them in t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops, looking totally straight, getting into a truck that a construction guy would drive. So, that kept me from ever having company over. I routinely heard every word that came from the next bedroom.

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is why I love my condo, other than the leaky window that nobody seems to be able to fix. Plus, if you can make a down payment and get a decent interest rate, you save a ton of money over renting. I think one of the other units is renting for like $400/month more than I pay in mortgage+fees.

#11 SemiCharmedLife, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  12. AlamoCity

I prefer a house because I've never lived in an apartment and I've always felt that apartments put me close to too many people. I like my privacy. Then again, I come from Texas where we have room to spare so we expand outwards instead of upwards. I could never see myself living in a place like NYC. I mean, how do you even get all of your groceries up there? Isn't it a chore? When I go to the grocery store and come home, it takes several trips from the truck to the house to get everything in. Imagine if you're in an apartment :eek:.

13. timo

I'm an apartment guy, given it has a large balcony and a parking space in the basement.

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like my condo other than the problems I am having with the creaky walls and ceilings. I am having bubbling and cracking near the wall by the kitchen and also by several windows. Being I am poor and unemployed, I keep bugging my dad to get someone over here to investigate. I am somewhat worried. However, my garage and the neighbor's garage separates any sound from over there(they are on the end). The neighbor in the other middle unit next to mine is 80 and very quiet unless she needs an ambulance. These are ranch style condos, so I have no one below or above. Sometimes it does feel like a hobo lives in the attic with all the noise from up there though.

15. CyclingFan

I plan on living in more urban areas from now on, so apartment for me. I really like the one I have now.

Of course, if I win the lottery then I'm buying the sweet mansion next door.

16. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in a house with my parents, but I've gone over to stay in my grandma's apartment before. I used to stay the night every Friday. Once a week is tolerable, but I'm one of those people who needs lots of space to move around in and a lot of privacy, too. I think I might go crazy in an apartment.

17. CyclingFan

You go to the store more times each week so you have less stuff each time. Plus, you might eat out more.

My city isn't even as dense as New York, but that's what I do. I'm even considering moving some place denser like SF where I could totally get rid of my car. If we had better transit here I might already have done that. And I even like my car, I'm just tired of driving. Germany spoiled me.

18. One Man Army

I would never sign up for a house share again (that is, finding a house to rent on the internet and end up living with some people you've never met before), but I'd like to live in a house. Ideally, somewhere a bit out in the country but not too far from shops and civilisation. It's also got to have a garden, though not too big because I don't want to spend all my free time pulling out weeds.

I'm not picky at all am I ;p

19. CyclingFan

I really love that the only walls I share with my neighbor in my place are the laundry room and bathroom.

20. timo

I've seen the term 'condo' a few times in this thread - anyone care to explain what's the difference between a condo and an apartment?