1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Shintoist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FireSmoke, Oct 10, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Is there anyone shintoist? If it a gay trans friendly religion?

2. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    No.

Considering it comes from Asia or specifically Japan. No. Gay marriage is pretty illegal. Changing, but still illegal from last I heard. Could have changed, I don't keep up with news over there considering I live over in America. My country is like 20% for lgbt, but then again I'm pretty sure people just don't really care/have other problems to worry about. don't bring up trans people, they're viewed differently as opposed to gays and lesbians.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Actually..

Both Shinto and Buddhism have nothing against homosexuality.

Some Shinto legends do mention gender roles however.

And about Japan not being accepting towards LGBT?!
    Let me tell you something. I am openly out as gay to all Japanese people I talk to and social websites I go on. They are the most accepting people.

They had absolutely no problem with it. The only reason I have not told them I am Trans is because I prefer to be stealth in general.
    They are more accepting than most Americans, who tend to be quite ignorant.

Yes there are some Japanese who make fun of gays.. Just as there is in every country.
    There is ignorance everywhere.
    However there is a lot more hate and cruelty towards LGBT people in America than in Japan.
    But this does not mean the society itself is less accepting

Gay marriage is a grey area. There is a shrine that conducts SHINTO WEDDINGS for same sex couples.

One thing all you Americans (I don't associate myself with them) seem to think is that all of Asia is the same.

IT IS NOT.

#4 NingyoBroken, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  4. Marc9726

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is very little recognition for lgbt issues in Japan and while the attitudes there aren't particularly hostile they are not always friendly either. It is not something that is widely discussed and I'm sure an average Shintos views would be much the same.

#5 Marc9726, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  5. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

^ true to this

6. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Man I have a really good insult I've always wanted to use against gay people, but considering I'm one of the few straight people here, I'm outnumbered and my witty insult would most likely get me banned.

Back to you, if you'll actually read what I say instead of getting all pissy and just blocking me.

1. I said Shinto came from Japan, that's all there was to it.

2. I never said Japan was against it. I was talking about Asia as a whole.

3. I said FROM LAST I HEARD. There I even capitalized everything for you. I also said that it could have changed and I don't keep up with all Asian news.

4. What made you think I'm American? I even said MY COUNTRY while talking about Asia. Do you honestly believe America is only 20% for lgbt people? I was talking about MY COUNTRY. I'm fucking Vietnamese.

Honestly, do you people even read what I say to it's full wording? Or do you just see that my shit says straight and when I say something that disagrees with you, you all go off on a tangent. This is the third time where I've said something that people yell at me for. You remind me of that weekender person. I called gay people funny as in I think they're fun to talk to and cool people and she misinterpreted thinking I was making fun of gay people. And when I explained to her what I meant, she just ignored me. Like she got so mad and blocked me, I can't even explain what I meant. I feel like you'll do the same.

Edit: Nothing. For fucks sake in the back of my mind I feel like only 6 people haven't blocked me yet.

#7 RandomTrall, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

You say "Asia as a whole" as if Asia was all one country.

That's like saying all of Europe has the same views of LGBT people, when if you compare, let's say, Russia and Sweden, their views are completely the opposite.

I assumed you are American because your location says Florida, and because of, again, you implying all Asian countries are the same.

You also said Shinto is not a gay friendly religion, when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps people are right in blocking you.

#8 NingyoBroken, Oct 10, 2014
  8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So I can't be Asian living in America? You're absolutely right, we're a myth. Pulled a fast one on you didn't I?

Asia as a whole does not mean they're all the same. It just means you're taking everyone and looking at majority and minority of statistics. Like if I said Europe as a whole are mostly part of the EU. Asia as a whole is mostly conservative.

I said that I HAVEN'T BEEN KEEPING UP WITH RECENT NEWS OF ASIA. I keep caps locking it, underlining, bolding, and italiczing. Why can't you read?

Good. Let them block me. If you're all getting upset because you can't fully read my explanations fine. I ask a question, people get mad. I make a joke, people get mad. I say something people disagree with, people get mad. I don't understand, people get mad. For a place so accepting and loving, it's ironic how you all get upset at me for the littlest things.

You people all take things so seriously, I just want to talk, have fun, and help people. Even then it's like I'm having fun and people get mad. "This is a no fun zone." It's like this place is only for lgbt people. Straight people can go fuck themselves. the only other straight person got shat on too, but she deserved because she was retarded.

Since coming here the only two people that actually have talked to me and made me feel like someone was interested in me was that one mod Luthan and gay axtol.

10. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Then why did you even answer this thread, providing the original poster with inaccurate information?

It's best to stay out of things you don't know.

About the rant at the end, this is an LGBT community. However, though I am not a moderator, I believe straight people are welcome.
    Nobody is trying to bully you because you are straight.

Your orientation has nothing to do with it.
    Perhaps your actions or perhaps attitude is what people don't care for.

#11 NingyoBroken, Oct 10, 2014