1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Indentities

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by indecisionmaking, Oct 10, 2014.

1. I wasn't really sure where to put this, because it's more of a rant.

There's this boy in my History class and he said today that there are only two genders: male and female. At first I forgave him for not knowing any better, because I know that a lot of people aren't exposed to people of non-binary genders.
    But then I kept explaining and he refused to listen. He wouldn't try to understand that male and female are not fitting to everyone. I had to explain the difference between gender and sex, but he refused to accept it.
    And then he wanted to know why I even cared about whether he thought there were two genders or twenty. I'm cisgender so it doesn't directly affect me, but I got really annoyed when he refused to even try to understand.

He told me to send him an article on Facebook about it, to prove that it was true. I have sent him about 10 now, and he replies to all of them with something like 'There are only two genders' or 'Someone is a man or a woman. That's it.'

I don't think I had much chance enlightening him in the first place though. He thought that a psychopath and a psychologist were the same thing (my mother is a psychologist so this was mildly offensive).

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's just a classic brand of ignorant. There will always be people like that. But sorry you had to deal with one.

3. Ryujin

He sound like a waste of time. I really wouldn't bother with him as he is obviously incapable of comprehending anything but his preconceptions.

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Don't lose your time with such an idiot.

5. Sorceress of Az

Well some people just aren'tvery intelligent.

6. Thank you. I appreciate your agreement.

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

He's just an idiot.

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. 8Knight8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    haha that pigeon meme is so perfect!

about the guy in your class, sometimes you just have to let people like that go. you're not going to be able to change some peoples minds no matter how valid your argument is bc they aren't going to allow you to do so. you could present them 100% accurate evidence and they'd still deny it and blame it on a traditional way or the "that's how it's always been" statement.

some people are very ignorant of ways of life other than their own