1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palin interview with Katie Couric

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Sep 25, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    OK, I admit I have very little knowledge about this economic crap that is going on but I'm pretty good at reading body language. Sarah Palin does not have a clue what she is talking about here. Take a look!

[YOUTUBE]Vbg6hF0nShQ[/YOUTUBE]

2. sdc91

In 5.5 minutes she managed to say absolutely nothing. Wow.

3. In the first part she seemed unsure of what to say, I'll admit. But that could mean a number of things. It could mean she didn't know what she was talking about like you said, but it could also have meant that she was unsure how to put it, that she didn't know how much she wanted to say about the issue. In the second part of the interview however, she was on her game. She answered the questions without stuttering.

4. Steam Giant

Couric: "Isn't that a conflict of interest?"
    Palin: "........................... (repeats prior statement)"

Too funny!

I agree, this is an area where she's weak, and she's clearly reciting answers that were fed to her prior to the interview. It's also evident that she didn't do as well as she could have. Although both campaigns are seeking to push back the debates, McCain's campaign benefits from the extra prep time much more than Obama's, as the democrats have been preparing for this friday for a lot longer (not to mention, Biden's the best public speaker out of the four).

I've gotta say, though, I kind of smiled when Palin trashed the polls ^^ if polls reflected the truth, Bush wouldn't have been reelected :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. sdc91

Derek, she answered the question by repeating the question. :bang:
    And then she called McCain a Maverick, which he was until the mid-1990's, but then said he took a lot of flack from the other party which isn't being a Maverick at all... that's just politics. And then she couldn't provide examples.

I do NOT want her anywhere near the White House.

6. Malchik89

The only thing i got at all from that video was hearing Palin say "Fannie and Freddy" lol that made me laugh, but yeah it seemed like katie was giving more info to the public than she was, which..its spose to be the other way around o_0

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Palin appears to already have what my friends have termed "Spearsers". (Sorry, fans of Britney Spears!) Those are people who, when they encounter their "person" doing something bad/wrong/weird, they instantly either praise it or blame it on others...sometimes both. So Palin's halting interview is being praised by some, as it shows that she's "a regular person" unlike that "career-politician" Biden. And I'm sure others are blaming Katie Couric for being "too aggressive" in her questioning. It happens. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. WilbersRevenge

Except McCain wants the debates to be delayed so he can go to Washington D.C. and do his job as senator. Meanwhile, Obama, who has the same job, has not been in D.C. for more than two years while campaining for presidential nominee, yet still take the salary of $160,000.00 and is not doing his job at all. So the state of Illinois has only one sentator doing what they elected him to do, but are paying for two.

And about Biden being the best speaker, watch this youtube video-[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jf17Yo7hBM [/YOUTUBE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jf17Yo7hBM
    He says something about Roosevelt getting on the TV during the Great Depression. Only problems- Roosevelt did not become president until 1933, the end of the Depression which started in 1929, and the television was not invented until the late 40's or early 50's and was not available for the home until the 1950s.
    But realistically, they all suck.

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow I would be afraid if her and McCain ran the country in the bad shape we're in. She knows nothing about ..anything it seems and McCain doesn't know too much more. Let's hope in November America wants real change. If not, I might be going to Paris. Lol. :smilewave

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Except McCain wants the debates to be delayed so he can go to Washington D.C. and do his job as senator. Meanwhile, Obama, who has the same job, has not been in D.C. for more than two years while campaining for presidential nominee, yet still take the salary of $160,000.00 and is not doing his job at all.

McCain actually has a worse attendance record than Obama. They're both right near the bottom, though.

Lex

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Palin: Whoa! That's like, a lot of money!

As a person, I have complete respect for Sarah Palin. As a politician and the potential VP (or even president), I'm terrified. The one answer of hers that I liked was her response to whether or not she supported the proposal, and even that was a little shaky. Saying no one is listening to Obama? Trying to imply that poll numbers mean absolutely nothing? Come on Sarah, you know better.

12. dictionary

I saw parts of that on aus tv... she looked verry uncomfortable.. and as if she had no clue...

Expecialy when she said that john mccain had warned of this before.... and couldent find any substantial evedence to prove that...

13. Nodnarb

I was definately not impressed. No wonder the McCain campaign has been keeping her hidden from the media.

14. bitou

bitou Guest

She is a freak! fake and unqualify to be vice president. Michelle Obama can do better than her in that spot. She can go back to her state and run the bridge to nowhere

15. jbb1236

None of the canidates no much about the economy, anyone can who has studied economics can tell you that. First, our economy is based on the simple fact of people buying and selling goods, which I seem to think we are all doing, at maybe a lesser rate than in the past. Secondly, this whole bail out thing is a load of BS, a couple of people making bad business decisions. Giving loans to people who were less than worthy of them, then trading them on the stock market, then having someone buy them up only to have the loan recipient to default, thus making any potential profit out the window, and when you do that with about 700 billion dollars worth of debt, someone's got to pay the price, and it shouldn't be us, the tax payers.