1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning on going to a comic con

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So me and a friend are thinking of going to a comic con...was wondering if anyone who has been to one could tell me what it's like? I'm pretty sheltered so now that I'm going to a public school that doesn't beat me down for something I'm learning what I should have like music and other things xD. Thinking of going to a comic con next year sometime so would love to hear others experiences of it!

2. Yosia

Its amazing, you should go. ^.^

3. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh. I've been wanting to go for ages, but every year something comes up and I need the finances for stupid things like fixing the car or paying bills. :frowning2:. I seriously want to go to comic con. I'd settle for a Supernatural convention though.

Have fun!!

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on the con, but I'd say go, it's tons of fun and not at all anything to feel nervous about. I always end up spending too much money that I don't have, so it's good to save a bit extra.

It's also become more popular for people to dress up in various costumes, even at smaller cons, and I think this makes them a lot more fun. Most people don't, but I love seeing some of the things people come up with. Saw an awesome Wolverine costume at the last con.

Most cons have various several things in common:

-Artists Row---A row of tables with various artists there, drawing away, possibly selling sketches or selling signed copies of the published works

-Featured Speakers/Guests---A chance to hear from bigger name/famous artists, and generally a chance to ask a few questions

-A large area dedicated to new comics, books, graphic novels, toys, games, &c.

-A large area of older comics. I LOVE this area, you can find some good deals, and don't be afraid to bargain. You see an issue you want, and it's $20, offer $15, and they'll generally go for it...especially if you buy more then one item.

What's fun is that you can just wander around and see things, and there's really no pressure, just a lot of fun.

So, by all means...Go!

#4 HuskyPup, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014