1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling jealous - is it right?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Oct 11, 2014.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi guys,

I have realized one thing about myself recently. And I feel ashamed about it.

I always feel jealous whenever I read or hear about someone who lost his virginity (that is having sex for the first time) or have a hook-up or found a boyfriend. (I only feel jealous when the mentioned people are gay guys.) Strangely, I dun feel jealous at all about straight people. It makes feel upset that I'm still a damn virgin and that I can't satisfy my sexual urges and be in a intimate relationship. My jealously is not the type that I wish harm to befall on those people, rather its just a deep yearning why I can't be like them. I know this is not ethical and I hate myself whenever I felt jealous. I would control my emotions and end off hope that at least that guy be happy.

Am I an evil person to be jealous? :frowning2: Is it normal to think like that?
    Sorry if I offended anyone.

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I'd say it's natural to be jealous of things people do, things you haven't achieved yourself, and long for so desperately.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Your time will come.

3. AAASAS

Why dont you go find someone to have sex with?

The only reason you haven't is because you haven't tried.

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not evil, it's natural to want something so bad and feel seriously conflicting emotions over it. Trust me, you're not the only one. Don't feel bad- take your time and in time you'll meet someone right for you :slight_smile:

Sometimes I get jealous too over much smaller things; one of my classmates has an absolutely stunning and amazing female friend, I actually got pretty jealous wishing I was friends with that friend.

One of my other friends has a crush on this girl we both know; I got jealous too because they are really close and I wish I could have feelings for someone who I could actually hang out with and be really excited to see nearly every week in person (my crushes hardly ever work out like that). I do feel jealous sometimes, but I know the feelings are normal and I just try to accept them and I don't hurt anyone because of them.

So don't worry. Your feelings aren't wrong or evil, don't feel ashamed, but keep a positive attitude and look forward to the future ^^ There are great people and great times waiting for you there.

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

being jealous isn't evil. it becames evil when you want to do somithing bad against a person who has something that you want to have

6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Emotions are never right or wrong...they simply are...they arise from chemical releases in your body, and you have no control over them.

Actions on the other hand, one can argue you have some control over.

As an emotion, jealousy is a perfectly normal one. Some people are better than others at wishing well someone who has what we want...but we *all* have issues where jealousy can arise.

Of course it's kind of funny to tell someone, "you can't control your emotions, so don't feel bad about them" (get the contradiction there?). So let me simply say that there is no *reason* to feel bad about your jealousy.

Don't dwell on it...to the extent you can, let it go, and do know that your time will come.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, nothing to feel bad about. It's among the most natural of things to long for sexual and sensual pleasure. A good number psychological theories even see these as essential human needs, so not having them met generally stirs up the emotions.

As the above poster said, try not to dwell on them, just ride them out, not beating yourself up over them, and try to think of some creative ways you might find a way to meet friends you might be able to be more then friends with :slight_smile:

8. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

I don't know man, I'm going though it right now and it's a messed up emotion. I'm not used to either . I wish I could squash it from the emotions list .

9. Candace

To an extent, it's perfectly fine. Just learn how to control it though and not let it get out of hand.

10. One Man Army

Your emotions are more of a deep yearning to have sex with another guy, than a Grinch-style 'I'm not happy so I don't want anyone else to be happy either.'

In your case, I don't think your feelings are wrong at all. In fact, your feelings could spur you on to actively take steps to put yourself in situations where you can meet other guys :slight_smile:

11. Blossom85

I think anyone who says they have never been jealous of someone or something they don't have are lying.. Everyone is going to be jealous at some point in their life and I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling a little jealous as long as it's channeled in a healthy way.

12. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Being a virgin is a choice. If you really want to hook up, you can find someone. But I know what you mean. Don't feel bad, it'll come naturally, In sure.

13. photoguy93

Don't you dare feel bad! I am intensely jealous.

It's now at the point where I look at any male - yes, any male - and think "Oh, he's probably in a relationship. How lucky is he." It's pathetic.

The thing is, tho...that we feel what we feel. This isn't hurting anyone. Maybe just try and work on what you can do to change this?

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Why would you think jealousy is evil or unethical? It's perfectly natural to feel like that. In fact almost everyone probably feels that way about someone/something. Especially in your case a relationship or intimacy is probably one of the most common things to be jealous about. Alongside money or popularity or success it's something people naturally want and strive for but dont necessarily always get. So when someone else is just getting more and more of it when they already have enough, or if they seem to get it easily without trying, then jealousy toward that person is perfectly normal and justified. It's only harmful if we become consumed by it or seriously depressed because of it.

For me personally, Envy is probably my 3rd or second worst deadly sin.

#14 kageshiro, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  15. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Thanks for your replies guys :slight_smile: I really appreciate them :slight_smile:

So, I'm not evil as I thought haha. I shall work on my jealousy though. :slight_smile:

Thanks once again :slight_smile: