1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite halloween activity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andstillimhere7, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What is your favorite halloween activity?

2. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, for the past three years there's been hurricanes and snowstorms on Halloween. So I was 11 and still trick-or-treating last time anyone around here did anything on Halloween. But this year and probably from now on, I'm going to a Halloween party with my friends.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Haunted houses

4. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trick-or-treating:grin:

5. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

buying and eating the local grocery store pumpkin cookies, usually about 4 containers throughout the month but i buy a fifth to last through november

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2014 at 07:06 PM ----------

sitting around, lonely and crying, sometimes working, but always thinking "i am going to play a scary game when i get home" but instead just sitting around being really depressed about my life

the ritual of the 31st, since 2011

6. Tyrion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, dressing up. I know, I'm old.. but it's still fun. Especially drunken halloween karaoke... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoy putting on a creepy costume and then being out while others are trick-or-treating, freaking people out. One Halloween, I had a blast with a creepy wood-creature mask and plain black leggings and top...I adopted a particularly eerie capering walk and went about a neighborhood. At one point, I sat as a lawn ornament in someone's front yard, absolutely still, while people tried to figure out if I was real...then I'd turn my head to look at them, and they'd jump.

To me, adding that magic touch of creepiness to a holiday that is losing its magic (and is often seen simply as a utilitarian "race for the candy") is the best-ever way to celebrate.

But ok, I'm also a sucker for pumpkin-carving. And I enjoy the candy as much as the next person. Ooh, ooh, and I also organized a Halloween caroling expedition once with about 10 others...a friend and I worked out songs and lyrics, so we had about 6-8 songs. Then we dressed up and went to peoples' doors and sang for them. They *loved* it! We actually sounded pretty good. We started right after trick-or-treat ended, so there'd be no perceived obligation to give us candy (since we were all adults)...but wow, people were giving us candy by the *bag*!

So ok, yeah...those are some of my favorite activities. Can you tell I really dig this holiday??

8. Alchemy

Alchemy Guest

Having an excuse to dress up as flamboyantly as I want and no one bats an eye :grin:

9. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the midnight trips to the graveyard

10. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

you do good work. god bless.

11. Ashley2103

According to my mom's friend, he accidentally witnessed a Satanic sacrifice that way and got chased :confused: .......if what he said is true, then that is creepy. It was some graveyard in the countryside.

12. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

All I've ever done is go trick or treating, so that I guess. :slight_smile:

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

As a kid, the trick-or-treating.

As a teenager, the pranks and toilet paper-rolling runs. These could get pretty wild, sometimes.

As a young adult, the feeling in the air. I like watching trick-or-treaters, from my porch, and just seeing what costumes are popular. Various movie marathons on television, also add to the feeling. As of about three years ago, there's a Halloween party, held by an associate of mine, that I have attended.

Oh, and the massive amounts of candy on sale. I stock up on Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Starbursts, and Milky Way candy bars, due to the sales. I then proceed to enjoy life, a little bit more than usual, LOL.

14. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  15. TheStormInside

BiAnnika- I want to hang out with *you* on Halloween! :lol:

As for me, I love costuming and dressing up. I also like to get into the spirit during the month of October, watching creepy shows or movies, working on homemade costumes, and doing spooky or seasonal things. We have this cool event around here with thousands of jack-o-lanterns (not an exaggeration, it's seriously awesome!). It's a walking path, and there are some very intricately carved pumpkins, then many many more with the traditional jack-o-lantern faces. I always look forward to that event. I've done some "ghost tours" too, which are especially fun if you know the area because you get to hear creepy tales about familiar places.

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Save the ritual of Halloween charity events, my favourite thing has to be parties. Really, that's the only thing I do for Halloween.

17. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eating junkfood.
    One year My cousins and I did a corn maze, that was kinda cool :slight_smile:

18. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd like to hang out with both of you on Halloween!

For the last few years I've volunteered with a charity group that puts on a haunted house, and usually attend at least one adult party. The people putting on the party don't live in the city, so they can have a bonfire and music room to park cars and not get complaints from the neighbors. I'm still trying to decide on what to wear for this years party, need suggestions. One of my friends has suggested Elvira based on my body style and that would work for me but I thought that's probably been done to death (pardon the pun)

19. CyanChachki

Carving pumpkins. The kids in my neighborhood really like the ones I've been doing for the past couple years and this year I plan on doing 4, possibly. I have some pretty cool ideas :slight_smile:

20. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dressing up! I'm dressing up as a cat this year. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: