1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you express your feelings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Quem, Oct 13, 2014.

?

Do you express your feelings?

1. I do

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. I do, but I surpress some feelings

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. I do, but it depends on the location

18 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. I don't usually express my feelings

37 vote(s)
    38.1%
  5. I rarely/do not express my feelings

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you express your feelings freely? Do you keep some to yourself? Is there a difference between expressing yourself here and in real life?

I included an anonymous poll, feel free to explain your choice if you want to. :slight_smile:

--

Personally, I do express how I feel. I don't like to surpress my feelings. However, I usually don't want to bother people with my feelings, so I don't always bring it up. When they ask me, I explain how I feel. I think I might be more open about myself here than in real life.

2. Tyrion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm fairly introverted, so I'd say generally not so much. At least, not in coming out and saying "this is how I feel". I express myself and my emotions and what not through other means though all the time, like through different forms of art such as writing poetry / stories, photography, through how I present myself, how I dress/my style, etc. Sure, if something's really bothering me or needs to be said, I'll say it, but for the most part I'm less open directly about how I feel.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry people, the third should have been: I do, but it depends on the location/situation, sorry!

4. Hexagon

Rarely. I suppose it's a mixture of three things: emotion makes me feel vulnerable, I feel as if I'm putting an unnecessary burden on others by expressing my emotions, and sharing them never seems to help anyway.

5. Ruthven

i am extremely emotional, and i very much express that. i'm very loud and expressive with most of my emotions/feelings soo yeah. like body language and word-wise.

i mean that's how i am when i'm in a familiar comfortable place. i may be more..reserved which is really not true me when i'm in places that might trip my anxiety up or sumthin. but if i'm with like my bro, i'm usually better.

6. Blossom85

I am a very emotional person and I will express that in happiness, saddness, anger and whatever other emotions I am feeling at the time, however it will surpress my feelings and emotions in different circumstances. I am more likely to let my emotions go when I am at home and hold them in when I am out and about.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do but wish I didn't

8. White Knight

Other than anger... not much.

9. Randomcloud

Through my facial expressions, yes! I can't help it but whatever emotion I'm feeling is fully expressed in my face which makes my emotions easy to read... but I don't elaborate verbally, I usually keep my thoughts to myself

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Strongly depends on the situation/company, but I am a very emotional person and I do like to share my feelings when I get a chance.

11. thekillingmoon

Depends on the situation and people I'm with. With strangers and acquaintances I keep everything to myself. With family I'm a little more expressive. I often feel like I'm suppressing negative emotions because I want to avoid negative confrontations.

12. littlemonster11

I'm very much like this. I know it's hypocritical of me because I tell my loved ones to vent to me whenever they need to.

But yeah, being in touch with my feelings scares the crap out of me, and the thought of expressing them is even scarier. It's especially difficult when you're an emotional person.

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't, I'm naturally not very emotional (even as a child I barely cried). I have learned to stop expressing emotional distress (ie, crying) as it makes be feel weak.

14. Hexagon

It doesn't seem hypocritical to me. You're just thinking of others before yourself.

15. CrazyAwkward

I was brought up in a household where emotions weren't expressed freely. And there were some consequences when they were and none if them were very nice. I'm also very introverted. So no not usually, and when I do it's a difficult, uncomfortable experience.

16. Acm

Acm Guest

I do, but not on purpose. Expressing myself makes me feel vulnerable and uncomfortable, but I naturally show my emotions really easily and I'm not good at hiding

17. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i am constantly expressing my feelings. Whether with my partner, my workmates, family. I am very open. My openness has even increased since coming out.

18. ThePrideInside4

I always search for the right time to, but I really don't have any friends to express my feelings to. It's hard to be open about certain things for me, but it's even harder to be quiet about them.

19. sugarcubeigloo

I'm good at expressing some feelings. Sadness is one of the feelings I keep to myself.

20. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I always do.