1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cute girl at place I go to for lunch sometimes gives me this vibe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Oct 13, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I will make this short because I am suppose to be getting ready to go over to my neice and nephews today.. I have 20 mins to straighten my hair and do my makeup :lol:

This girl at a place I go to lunch to sometimes seems to look at me a fair bit.. I get this strange vibe from her that she likes me but i'm not sure.. She is pretty feminine but i've spoken to her and she is like a mix between tomboy and girly.. more girly though. She has really cute green eyes though! I could be over analysing but I seriously feel something from this girl.. I don't know if I believe in gaydar but this girl could like girls imo. For example.. I walked in the side door yesterday to go to my nan in the poker room and she was looking right at me and when I turned and saw her she gave me a cute smile.. of course I returned a smile.. how could I not?! I don't know guys.. It could be wishful thinking but god is she cute.

What is your opinion? Thanks!

#1 ChloeKiss, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. quime ro

Why don't just ask her ...
    I mean awekward moments are needed sometimes ))

3. Randomcloud

Why not talk to her and see if you can befriend her/hang out? You could be subtle like start the conversation with "I really like your shoes" (lol I don't know). Then you'll find out eventually :slight_smile:

4. ok455

If it was me i would find out her name and stalk her facebook page.

5. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

:lol: thanks for the answers guys! I would appreciate more! :slight_smile:

6. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to say that if you feel like things could happen, then go for it!

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I still don't know how I feel I mean she is cute but I don't want to risk asking her out if she is straight... She doesn't seem straight though!

8. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You won't know if she's straight or not unless you ask.

9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

That is true.. Thanks!

10. Fruit Topping

Its your gaydar

11. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

What makes you believe in gaydar? I mean it could be real but this is one of the only girls I really get a vibe from who is feminine around this town. It's a small town though.

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

what kind of food place is it

culture tells me, probably wrongly, that if it is a cozy coffee pastry babysandwich type place you have a good chance

give er the ol chloekiss, the ol one two chloe then swing with the one two kiss

13. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Wtf :lol: no it's just a place you can go to for lunch or dinner or even just drinks. This girl is a bartender.. I know it makes her 10 times hotter :love: I crush on so many girls though for some reason 0_o

14. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

like a applebees or a starbucks with alcohol or a taco cabana

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If you want to remove all doubt, ask. But this is really direct, and it can go several ways...

The easiest way to find out about her sexuality, is to get into discussing the topic of sexuality/LGBT issues. Even if she is closeted, you can watch her reaction to certain things, to particular words, or specific terms. In my personal experience, most folks, if you say or do something that they, themselves do, especially secretly, they will lock eyes on the one who said, or is doing, the speaking or doing, for a split second or two. It's not 100%, but it is a damn good basis to go with, at least for me.

And even if you can't figure out her sexuality, you can at least, get her stance on LGBT issues in general -- and this, may or may not, be just enough information you need.

#15 Kaiser, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  16. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thank You Kaiser I appreciate your advice! I'll take it into consideration.

17. Haim

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am really bad at telling if someone is flirting and often don't realise unless I'm told directly after the fact. I usually just think people are being nice/friendly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Maybe just striking up a conversation and getting to know her as a friend first will help? You'll either end up with a new friend or potentially find out she's interested.

18. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

That's true :slight_smile: thanks for your advice!

19. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would actually like to advise you NOT to ask her, if you can avoid it. If she's closeted, you'll make her as uncomfortable as asking her outright to go out if she's straight could make her. Plus, it's none of your business. To me, asking people what their sexual orientation is? Inappropriate. And being someone who is closeted myself, even if I kind of had a crush on a woman who asked me that, the fact that she felt it was okay to ask me, especially not knowing me that well, would bother me. That's just how I see it, and I know many LGBT people don't...but it's important that you know some people would have a problem being asked whether or not they're straight. The only people I'd be even halfway okay with asking me that are people who are close to me, and I think that would kind of be true even if I weren't closeted--let me tell you when I feel the time is right. Otherwise, you might not get an honest answer, which defeats the purpose of asking.

I believe in gaydar and like to think I have it, but I have not had many occasions where I used gaydar on someone and then had if even confirmed or denied. What I do with feminine women is 1) watch how they interact with men and 2) listen to how/if they speak about men. Pretty obvious to me, but so many people never use these incredibly obvious clues. Of course, if she's bi then this might not help much. But if she's a lesbian, it will. Straight women eventually talk about men in a romantic and/or sexual capacity, and they make it obvious they're talking about a man; they're not using gender-neutral pronouns. They talk about crushes or hot male celebs or boyfriends or ex-boyfriends, oftentimes even in general conversations and small talk. This obviously means you need to start talking to her and at least making small talk.

And then her being a bartender is perfect, because she's going to serve men and sometimes those guys will show interest. See how she responds. One thing about my last job--girls who liked men were often smiling in men's faces, and not just in a "customer/server" or "being polite" capacity. They enjoyed attention or approached guys for "conversation." Guys ALWAYS came up to ME, never the other way around, and I always acted like I couldn't care less. Big sign that makes me laugh when I think about how people repeatedly miss this with lesbians. And bonus points if she seems more interested in talking to you or more happy to see you or some other female than she does with pretty much every guy she serves--this has gotten me suspicious with feminine women before. It's not a bad idea to note whether or not she ever stares at guys or other girls, too, in addition to you. I think staring is common in public, so narrow if by seeing what sex she stares at or if it's even not a sex and just YOU.

But first things first, start small conversations with her and get to where you're regularly talking.

20. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Okay thank you for your answer.. it was helpful. Yeah I wasn't actually going to ask this girl if she is straight or not.. I myself do find it rude. She just seems kind of different to the other girls and I can't pick why :dry:

Thanks again!