1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on a guy I don't even know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Criss, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Criss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so I'm gonna make this as short as possible.

I go to school by bike. Every morning I always see this guy walking from the opposit direction, so that for a very brief moment we find close to each other (me on the bike and him on the sidewalk). In that brieft moment we always look at each other.

I used to see him last year too, but it was just one of the many daily encounters that you forget immediately after. This year something changed. School began again, I started seeing him again and there was this time, when I had to come off my bike to get over the sidewalk... I raised my eyes and there he was, passing right in front of me, giving me this long intense glance. He didn't looked away so I stared at him too, though I was the one to break eye contact first (I think I'm always the first one cause I'm pretty shy).

Yes, we look at each other everytime I pass by, but this glance.. I don't know, it made me think and I sort of developed a crush on him. This happened 3-4 weeks ago.

The problem is that I don't even know his name. I just see him for 2 seconds. I asked my best friend for advice and she told me there's pretty much nothing I can do. I kinda agree with her: at the end we're talking about glances between people who don't even know each other (and to be honest, that always happens and it doesn't have to mean anything).

I can't stop in the middle of the street and just start talking to him, it would be so weird and embarassing. I thought about giving him a small smile, but still.. I don't even know if he's into guys or not. He just walks by smoking his cigarette (and god the way he glances at me while smoking :icon_redf:icon_redf )

I repeat myself it's just a crush on a stranger, nothing more, but at the same time I keep seeing him and he keeps staring at me.. Then I start overanalyzing: it's obvious that he's going to look at you if you pass right beside him. There was also this time when I stopped pretending to wait for someone and he went on without looking at me. I thought that if he wanted to give me some kind of signal, that would've been a great occasion, but he didn't.

What do you think I should do?

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had this before. Took me a lot of time and several people to urge me to ask him out (although I got a "no").
    Maybe try and get to know him first?

3. Criss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do want to know him, but the point is: how? We're just two complete strangers. How do you approach someone you don't know? Plus the only moment I get to see him I'm on my bike so...