1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Highschool is the Best Time of Your Life"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HM03, Oct 16, 2014.

1. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm curious, does anyone actually feel this way :lol:

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Ummm I haven't lived much, the whole im 15Yo thing but I have enjoyed highschool so much, I've met new people who I ABSOLUTLY adore, I've met new adults who have in one way or another positively influenced me, and I guess yea high school has been for me, the best time of my life :slight_smile:

3. timo

I'd like to think university is. At least, for me it was.

4. TheStormInside

It's really hard to pick a chunk of time and designate it as "the best time," considering that life is always happening, there's often good and bad going along together. I remember being in high school and thinking "If this is the best time of my life, might as well end it right here." :lol: People look at the past with rose-colored glasses, when you're an adult mired in bills and family stress, and work pressure it can be easy to long for the days when you had less responsibility to worry about. For many I guess teenager-dom is the sweet point of the freedoms to responsibility ratio (though college likely also applies here). But the drama and hormones and school pressure along with social pressures were enough for me (and many) to make it less than ideal. There were good times in high school, but there were plenty of bad, too.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. I could go on and on why uni is so much better :grin:

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh God, high school was almost 40 years ago, and if that was the best time of my life, I would have chiseled my name on a stone, dug a hole and jumped into it ages ago. There have certainly been times that were worse than those years, but there have been many times that were far better as well. I'm more content and secure and confident today than I ever was, despite the many changes going on in my life, and more capable of enjoying life and loving and feeling. I'd rather take joy in today than think of a time in the past that was the "best" time of my life.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first 2 yeaers of high-school, hell on. My junior and senior year, after I switched schools, yes for sure. I had so much fun my last 2 years. It was awesome:grin:

9. White Knight

Not really.

It left marks on my life but definetely not good ones.

However if I could bed with that hot guy from high school... Naaah, not even him can save those years.

10. Ashley2103

No. So far high school was the worst time of my life.

11. Tardis2020

I've been in it for about 2 months now. It has its ups and downs. 6 hours of homework, then studying for the remainder of the time before I go to bed and waking up at 6 everyday is not exactly ideal. But now academic competitions are actually taken seriously, it's not participation awards anymore. Not to mention now it seems like all the grades can interact so all the Nintendo gamers who love science can finally meet. It's the best time of your school life, but the rest I think will be better.

12. Hexagon

Not in the slightest.

13. SomeLeviathan

high school(s) were the worst 4 years of my life.

14. Higs

I'd say yes. I had pretty hard years in highschool and all of school in general but looking back on it, I wish I were that age again. I skipped university and now I'm working, surrounded by way older people who I got nothing in common with.. well their kids are my age atleast. I kinda miss highschool for that, being forced to be with people your age. Not everyone is a jerk, someone is bound to have same interests as you do.

15. PurpleGrey

High school was only great compared to the rest of my life. Looking at it otherwise, it sucked. The stress of having to revolve everything you do around The Future, worrying about not being prepared for The Future, the false hope of freedom you think you're gonna get in The Future. And then, of course, being in that awful stage where you're expected to Act Like an Adult, but at the same time, everyone treats you like a kid. Nothing you say is taken seriously, and you're always dismissed with, "You haven't lived long enough, you don't know what you're talking about." Even when you damn well DO know what you're talking about, often more than the other person knows. And to top it all off, you always feel like you should have passed more milestones by now.

At least, that's what I think.

16. Alyss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It depends.

For my it was great time. As opposed to university period. But for some other people university was great while high school wasn't.

17. Linthras

Linthras Guest

No, but then we don't have that kind of highschool culture promoted in Hollywood films, over here.

18. Pie

Pie Guest

So far it was the best time of my life! I've made new friends, met new people (interesting people), came out (to certain people),...

19. Vampire

I think this will explain my opinion about High:
    Go to school, they said, it'll be fun, they said.

20. Silas