1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigh. Kittens.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tallu, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Tallu

So I have had the week from Hell. Got rejected enough to finally break off a long online friendship with a girl I adored, worked a week of 15-17 hour days, been on the verge of a crying jag that I can't even indulge because I am so busy, and I just spent the end of rehearsal comforting an actress who had to put her cat down today. Drove the long commute home to hear a frantic squeaking sound when I got out my car.

I live in the country...way out in country and my house is the only one on the road. This morning I left for work around 9am and thought I heard a bird softly sqawking. All kinds of noises in the country so I thought nothing of it. But then this evening around 9:30 that same noise. I walked the periphery of my house, going "Kitty, kitty, kitty?" until I heard it more clearly. Long story short found two gray kittens behind the shrubs near my deck. I have never seen a feral cat around here (too many unleashed dogs) and either way the fact they'd been lying there for twelve hours led me to believe they been abandoned.

I brought them in and am trying to feed them with a hair coloring applicator which noooooo has never had hair color in it, only water. Luckily I did have some milk supplement for cats because my old cat gets it once a week as a treat. They aren't drinking much. One is so weak but the other is vocal and trying to climb the front of my bathroom. I'd wager they are only a day or two old. I've gotten online to learn what else I need to do, including making them tee-tee and poopy (well that's a new experience, lol!)

Tomorrow first thing I'm taking them to the vet. Sad thing is, my weekdays are all gonna be 6:30am to 9:30pm until late November. I don't think I could keep them, despite the fact I was wanting a kitten since my cat is getting older (she just turned 15.) I'm such a good cat mommy, too.

So, great. More heartbreak on the horizon. Sigh.

P.S. And no, my actress friend has a horrid schedule, too. I doubt she could take these babies on. I might ask her, though, but wow, that might be insensitive to suggest this early.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Omg those poor kittens :tears: , is there little kids you know or family that also wants kittens .:confused:

3. Tallu

They are too young I think to leave with a family. I took them to the shelter today. The lady said even if I had been home enough to bottle feed them when they are abandoned that young by the mother they don't usually live. It broke my heart having to leave them there. It's one of those days where I really hate my life. :frowning2:

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry you had to leave them :tears:
    but think of it this way you saved those kittens' lives and they will be well taken care of .(*hug*)
    Will they be find in the shelter ?

5. Tallu

I think all animal shelters are horrid places, but that's not the fault of the underpaid and understaffed facilities. So whether or not they will be fine...sigh, it's so hard to tell. But I could not take the idea of those little babies starving and crying all day until I got home at 10pm. After the month I have had, coming home to two dead kittens would have slayed me. I love animals sooooo much.

I did tell the lady that if they live I could come back and get them in late November, but she just shrugged, tossed the clipboard aside and said, "We will do the best we can." I'm sure they can't keep up with every single animal that is brought in there. I felt so helpless. I felt like I was abandoning them.

Oh, and on my way out there was this beautiful old cat in a cage by herself, just sitting and staring up at me with wide, frightened eyes. I ran out to the parking lot and burst into tears.

Not liking this day at all. :frowning2:

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*) it's ok I would feel the same way, but that's a great idea about going back to get them .