1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your ideal partner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Oct 17, 2014.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi guys :slight_smile:

What do you look for in your ideal partner?

Looks? Personality etc.?

For me, I hope to be in a relationship with a guy who makes me feel that I'm needed and appreciates me :slight_smile:

2. JessieRayne

My own little corner in my own little world
    Im not honestly too picky.. well I guess I am considering I've only ever had 1 boyfriend. Though, looks don't matter to much to me. If anything, just someone taller than me (which isn't hard considering i'm way short) and looks friendly and nice, you know? As for personality.. as long as the person loves me, is funny, and can be childish, but mature when needed to be, then I don't mind. If someone can make me feel like i'm needed, and can make me trust them, they are perfect in my book. ^-^

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

please hug me, and dont call me things......

ideally i wont need them as a security self-esteem blanket by the time i actually..... (never) date anyone.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm not very picky, I mostly just want a guy I connect with, but ideally he would have a good sense of humour because I love joking around and that's one of my favorite qualities in a person

5. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    someone to hold me tight and make me feel special and safe and wanted and appreciated.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I have a bit of high standards...

My lover must be beautiful. He must have delicate, soft features and long, beautiful hair.
    His body must be slender, and he must shave what body/facial hair he has (I'd prefer him to be naturally less hairy though).

He must also be beautiful on the inside. A warm heart, and delicate disposition. He must be the male who proves the stereotypes assigned to his gender wrong.

And yes, such men do exist. I have met a few myself.

7. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well:
    All of the normal character traits: loving, trustworthy, honest, kind, humorous, polite, thoughtful, etc.
    Taller and stronger than me, so that he can protect me forever:love:
    In decent shape, able to come on runs with me
    Doesn't mind coming home to a clean house and fresh-cooked dinners every night:grin:

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

if i am allowed to be picky, ideally someone that is okay travelling around like with little notice. Someone that doesnt get rooted easily and doesnt mind no solid, stable longterm plans. But I have acknowledged it wont happen. If it does, the only real requirement is being a girl and liking animals.

9. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

A beautiful woman with long hair, perferably brown. I don't mind blond hair if it has some waves in it. I imagine her to be tender, kind, compassionate, nurturing, open minded, accepting and down to earth. Pretty much I just like really feminine women. I also look for intelligence and light hearted humor.

10. Blossom85

My ideal partner is someone who is honest, loyal, faithful, kind, caring, smart, funny, wonderful personality, thoughtful, a little romantic and loving. Someone who wants to be there for me through the good and bad times, and who lets me be there for him or her. Someone who loves doing things together but also isn't too clingy, who likes going to family things and is a family person as well. Someone who is open minded and compassionate as well as nurturing and know how to make some comfortable and at ease. Someone who is down to earth and not too stuffy. Who can talk about fun things and also serious issues as well.

When I think of my ideal partner, to be honest, I don't see looks coming into it much, as long as he or she has most or all of those qualities, then that's all I need, He or she will be beautiful because of the qualities he or she processes.

11. Sorceress of Az

Lets see:
    Wise, smart, spiritual, accepting, understanding, extroverted, honest, honorable, graceful, poetic, romantic, and I must find their appearance attractive.

12. Ashley2103

My standards are too high for me.

She must be super attractive, a genius, a quick learner, extroverted, a genius in manipulation, understanding, fearless, and cruel. One who would only care for her and her partner to a delusional extent.

#12 Ashley2103, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  13. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ideal partner is a woman, who is family oriented, has children and or loves children. I'm somewhat of a homebody, so I want a girl who doesn't mind staying home sometimes. I'd be lying if I said that looks do not matter because they do. So, I'd prefer someone who is naturally beautiful (who resembles myself) and who is confident enough to forego makeup.

I want a girl who is humorous (I love to make jokes and laugh) intelligent, well spoken, a great cook and who's also health conscious because being healthy and fit is important to me.

Now, where's the magic lamp so I can wish for her :lol:

#13 pinklov3ly, Oct 18, 2014
  14. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A mix of both.

On one side, I want someone I can relate to. The personality needs to be near perfect in my mind, body? Not so much. But if you're living with someone for the rest of your life, it's essential that your personalities suit each other.

15. thekillingmoon

Someone I could share my life with. I don't look for common interests, it would be nice and all, but it's more important that we get along well. A woman with a sense of humor, generally a good person, treats me right, tries to be honest about everything (hate liars). On a romantic side of things, likes hugs and cuddling. And I'd like someone I find physically attractive too, doesn't mean she needs to be prefect though.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There are only three things, I will not budge on.

Intelligence
    I don't expect you to be Albert Einstein, but we must be able to talk about things. I like to learn, even if it is self-taught primarily. If we cannot talk about ideas, how are we even going to exchange them? Besides, learning something together, it sounds not only sexy, but fun as well. Ideally, it would be nice, if we each had our own specific specialties, that we could find appreciated in one another. For example, I detest advanced Mathematics, so, a partner who knew how to do this, would be VERY appreciated. Do my math homework, I'll rub your feet, feed you grapes, and provide you a private lap dance, in exchange, LOL.

Communicative
    I don't expect you to have a golden tongue, but we must be able to talk in general. Yes, we might get mad or sad, we might get upset or down, and that is fine. That is life. All I ask is, take your time to vent and think it over, and to be willing to, as soon as possible, discuss our situation and work towards a remedy. It is pointless to leave a problem unattended, just because neither side wants to budge. Ideally, I'd like to be able to discuss and negotiate, to work together towards a solution -- not a delay. So long as we can trust one another, with anything, and respect one another, with everything, and handle any and all situations that come our way, then it is all good.

Passionate
    I don't expect you to be a religious zealot, but you have to have something going on, in your life. If you work third shift at a factory, so be it. If you want to knit socks for canines, so be it. If you are working on a novel, so be it. Just have something -- anything -- that allows you to make progress, to express yourself, and to work on. Ideally, I'd like to be of some assistance, and help you achieve some of your goals, dreams, and ambitions -- just as I hope you will mine.

These three things, are absolutely essential. I don't mind if you don't have it all together, but you have got to have the potential, to be those three things. I'm willing to work with you, and help you find these traits within yourself, but they have to be there to begin with.

Other than that, just some common sense stuff. Take care of yourself, which means, take a bath, brush your teeth, and try to smell nice. Wipe your ass, clean up after yourself, and if you pick your nose, throw it away. Don't flick it at somebody, or try to hide it under a seat. Basically, be hygienic.

"But Kaaaaaaiser! Those aren't interesting-enough answers!"

Fine.

Other than what has been mentioned above, there is one more thing:

[​IMG]

Ideally, I would like my partner to be playfully competitive. What do I mean by this? Well...

Basically, when either of us does something, it benefits us both in the end. For example, let us say, my partner receives a raise at work. That is awesome for them; it is beneficial for both. Even better, I want my partner to come home and, jokingly, chide me with their accomplishment. I'll do the same to them, in our relational spar.

See, I want the two of us, to always be advancing, improving, progressing. I want us to always be growing, learning, discovering. I want us to always, no matter what happens, to be moving forward. I want to know, individually, either of us can do whatever is necessary. I want to know, together, we are a fucking unstoppable force.

If somebody can go toe-to-toe with my bad jokes, my eccentric behavior, and my rather unorthodox principles, well, they are definitely a bad ass. And a bad ass is what I'd like. Not somebody who wrecks cars and shoots a machine gun, no. A bad ass, to me, is somebody who gets the job done. Who can handle themselves. Somebody who, at the end of the day, takes care of business, and is down to cuddle afterwards.

When my partner does better, I will want to do better, for them. When I do better, hopefully, my partner will want to do better, for me. And why? Because it'll produce a stronger bond and a comforting pleasure, which will be what we both strive to keep, and would die to protect.

Being affection would be a highly preferred bonus.
    Maybe not constantly, but enough, because I want to cuddle before I die. I want my night time snuggles, God damn it, LOL!

#16 Kaiser, Oct 18, 2014
  17. Mylesaway

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Humorous, to counteract my boringness :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: as long as they've got some functioning brain cells!

18. cuppycake

Well ... I don't really care that much about looks, since I judge attractiveness based on the personality. If a person has a nice personality, I find him cute and stuff. If he's a jerk, even if he's the most beautiful person on Earth, I would still find him ugly as shit.

Now, about my ideal partner ... Like I said, looks don't matter, but I seem to have a thing for women with a 'hourglass' body type - sweet butt and juicy thighs, a small waist and wide .. uh, shoulders. Arms. You get it >_< I would also like it if she wasn't taller than me, but I doubt I would ever find a girl that short ... Oh well, my height complex aside, this is what I usually think about when I picture my 'ideal' partner. Skin color, race - that doesn't matter. At all.

As for personality, I would like her to be cheerful at least 60% of the time. A positive person. Someone who's ambitious and motivated in life; who is slightly child-like and happy for no reason. I will always help her when she's feeling down and she needs to take it easy and breathe, but I really enjoy people whose face and eyes are just shining. But not with the fake smiles and stars - someone who has a shy, yet real smile on their lips. As for brains, gurl ... no matter how empty-headed you are, YOU'D STILL BE SMARTER THAN ME. Trust me, I'm dumb as fuck. A three year old kid knows more than me, lol.

But yeah, that's pretty much it.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Quit that!

*Bops on head, with foam bat*

You know damn well, that you aren't stupid. You might not be able to write out some theoretical formula, or know every word in the dictionary, but that's fine. You have a particular field (or fields) of knowledge that, when compared to others, you absolutely trump them.

20. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

This has to be the most subtle lover letter I ever received.
    Come on mate, you can admit it's for me. There is no shame in that. Show your feelings with pride! :grin:

( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )