1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you fear getting your heart broken?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Oct 18, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Simple question. My answer to this is yes. I have been let down so much in my life and to finally find a girl who mends certain broken pieces of my heart only to have her shatter them again seems so upsetting to me. I feel as though the person I give my heart to needs to care for it like they promised they would from the start. What sucks is you can't help who you fall inlove with but I honestly don't think I could bear to be abandoned by someone I truly loved and adored. Abandoned or heartbroken both seem the same to me.

Anyway.. What do you guys think? How do you feel on this subject? Do you ever feel like you need to really be careful with who you fall for or do you struggle with being heartbroken? Your past experiences may have left you cautious? Thanks!

2. Munyal

I am worried about that, but as the saying goes, better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

3. Hexagon

No, not really. I have yet to actually fall in love, or be in a relationship, so it's of little concern to me at the moment. I don't fear losing what I've never had.

4. Bolin

It's a fear that's already come true, and not just romantically, either.

5. Ryujin

Not really. I'm more afraid of, sometime in the distant future, I'll be the one to break someone else's heart.

6. tulipinacup

I have already in the past but it was entirely my own fault. I always thought that I would be afraid of falling in love with another person but it made me realise how it shouldn't be. For one, being in a relationship, you have to expect that certain things would happen. Of course we would hurt each other but that is part of it. You both share things and that includes getting emotionally drained. Do I fear of getting my heartbroken? Of course but this also shouldn't stop me from completely shutting off from people.

7. Blossom85

Yes, I am scared of that happening to me.. It has happened once already and even though it was extremely painful and I felt broken, I still have hope and faith that one day I will find the one who would never even contemplate hurting me and leaving me, so for me.. A broken heart can heal, but it is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all.

8. IrrationalNo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. I tend to think when any sort of relationship sours, "it wasn't meant to be". This could very well be a defense mechanism as I have been let down quite a bit growing up. But hey I guess I adapted right? lol :frowning2:

9. MonteGuy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am scared of that happening to me. I have been through so much and desperatly want someone to share my life with. I am scared that the first guy that comes along I will fall head over heals with and end up getting my heart shattered.

10. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

No, not at all.

I've been heartbroken before. I was a naive child and dealt with it badly.
    I no longer attach myself to people. If they leave, if they cheat, so be it. I will not even cry.

11. CrazyAwkward

It's the same for me. I've been let down a lot over the course of my life. I'm kinda used to it now. It hurts in the moment, but after awhile I just feel numb looking back on those times. Like they happened to another person. But the moments I've let other people down or hurt them never stop weighing on me.

12. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely not.

Yes, I've been let down many times, but I don't fear it because of past experiences. =)

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not anymore. I've lived through it once, so no longer fear the unknown, plus would like to think I'm better equipped to handle it. What I'm more afraid of is never letting another person get that close to me ever again...

14. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That being said, I don't fear anything, except wasps/bees and I have a fear of heights. But I never fear situations at all.

15. littlemonster11

I am, yes.

Past experiences have made me this way. The funny thing is that it wasn't a romantic relationship that caused me to be hesitant on letting someone in.

It's hard for me to trust anybody to begin with, so I'd imagine it would be difficult with someone I want to pursue a romantic relationship with. Wanting to show them how much you care, but being scared to do so at the same time. Whoever I'm with is probably going to have to deal with this. It's gonna suck, because I'm going to appear cold and distant, when in reality, I'm a person who loves with all of her heart.

16. Snever2late

Yes. I jump in and throw caution to the wind in my relationships. Now that I have known what real love is and how painful it can be I am super scared to let myself feel too much, or be too open. Maybe that will change once it's not so fresh.

17. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It depends on how you define heartbroken.
    Being rejected or being broken up with doesn't bother me surprisingly.
    Someone breaking my trust and lying about something they knew was important to me: YES. Which is why I rarely get close to anyone.

18. Ashley2103

19. Kabuki

I don't fear it. I've always had this actor mentality in someway where I believe it's always good to experience many things in life because, in the end, I can always grow and learn from them. A broken heart is the same. I've had my heart broken, not by love but, by being bullied, hated so, I kind of know the feeling already. I do, however, want to keep my heart safe and, only entrust it to that someone I feel is deserving of it.

I've found that person and, he has taken care of it for now. I know the future is not certain but, I believe I can trust that, my heart, is safe on his hands. If it were to be broken, I'll just learn from the experience and move on.

20. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fear not the heart breaking, but being unable to fix it. Once you find all the pieces, and get good duct tape, you can put it back together.

Having a heart break is part of life, and once you overcome the pain, you'll emerge stronger than before.