1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showing More Emotion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Oct 18, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I can feel emotion, but it doesn't really come up much on my face or my voice, and I always sound very montone no matter how hard I try. This isn't good if I want to be an Actor, and I want to change it. Where do I begin?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could listen a bit to female voices... their intonation goes more up and down than male voices...
    which activities would bring you in contact with your emotions ? Creative activities, like drawing, or writing, or photography ?

3. One Man Army

Imitate people. Actors, TV and radio presenters, famous speeches, even characters from soap operas :slight_smile: Try to imitate how they're saying what they're saying, and keep practising.

4. ZenMusic

My first love is dance, but even then I smile every so often. But at least I smile, I guess.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Honestly I do not like the imitation approach so much... there are too many people, in my opinion, with a mask... you just feel that.
    In my opinion, if you can produce the emotions from within and radiate that outwards, you give a much more convincing appearance...

Both ways are valid, you might try which one you like better...

If you are really interested in the subject, have you done a little research on it ?
    There might be suggestions which do not make sense... but there might be suggestions from reputable sources which are really helpful...

#5 jay777, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014