1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Makes You Cry?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I haven't cried in a while. I've shed a tear or two, when watching something sad, or reading somebody's experiences, but nothing that opened the flood gates. And bawling my eyes out, I haven't done that in an even longer time.

Despite that, I kind of enjoy crying. Not at first, but, near the end, it begins to feel really good. I suppose, just letting out your feelings, is a soothing experience. Of course, this doesn't mean I go out and try to make myself cry, just that if it does happen, usually, by the end of it I feel better.

The reason I ask this is because, well, I'm about due for a big cry. For the past couple of years, I have debated transitioning. I have thought about it, meditated on it, discussed it in various and appropriate sources, and come to the conclusion, I would be a better-looking male. Some aspects of my social life, are already crippled, and I just couldn't handle transitioning, not passing, and being perceived as something less, than the woman I am.

That said, I haven't actually told myself, hey, you're not transitioning, with an absolute authority; and a little piece of me, deep down, holds out for the hope, that I will. But it wouldn't work out for me, and I know, the moment I have this acceptance with myself... I will sit in my room for a day or two, alone, and just bawl my eyes out. Afterwards, I'll shake it off, and move on. I'll have to.

Enough about that, though. What makes you cry?

2. Blossom85

Well being over emotional and sensitive, anything can make me cry. The things I usually sit and bawl my eyes out over though are things that I shouldn't take personally but I do. For example if I feel I am being ignored by someone I care for or feel that someone doesn't care about me anymore.

Also a good or sad book, movie or tv show or something I read in real life can also make me cry as well. Any emotion though, wether it be happy, sad, mad, confused, conflicted, unsure.. I could be handling it well and then someone says something or does something to tip me over the edge and I am gone.

I usually also have a cry every so often when I think of the heart break I went through with my ex.. Not cause I still love her and want her, but because I just felt so betrayed and hurt, and is till feel it as strong as the day it happened. I usually give myself a time limit of about 15-20 mins and after that.. The tears need to stop.

3. Hexagon

Since starting testosterone, two and a half years ago, I've rarely cried. Things that once would have made me sad are now more likely to make me angry. I haven't cried over a personal matter in years. I did cry over a movie once though. And for some reason, yawning makes me cry.

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Too many things: my inability to sleep on a regular schedule, depression, anxiety, being alone, and my relationship with my dad.

And hugs to you Kaiser on your situation again.

5. tulipinacup

I think it's okay to exclusively talk about what you are going through but if this is you're way of doing it then so be it (*hug*) just know that you're not alone and we are all here to support each other.

As for your question, the last time I really cried was the moment I broke up with my ex-boyfriend. (I'm kinda tired of talking about it but eh) It was such a weird feeling because during that time of the break-up, I cry easily. I couldn't do any task without randomly crying and this is one of the reasons why I started running. I didn't want anyone to see me crying at home.

Other than that, I do cry easily. I cried listening to Nothing Compares 2 U, I cried when I saw Prayers for Bobby or basically anything about animal cruelty, I cried listening to this guy talk about how he lost his daughter from cancer and had to do stand up comic in order to pay for the bills.

Also Kung Fu Panda 2.

6. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a depression for quite a while (2-3 years), which started with my parents divorce. It sort of broke my heart (it's complicated) and I didn't get the help I needed, so I build walls around the pieces of my heart that was left. This left me pretty much numb which caused a deeper depression, as when you don't feel sadness you don't really feel happiness either. Everything's just grey.

Anyhow, so I don't cry much. When I haven't slept enough I become more emotional, so then I cry more easily. When I visited Auschwitz/Birkenau I cried. When Ross and Rachel breaks up on Friends I sort of cry. I also cry during the last episode of Friends. I very seldom cry about things going on in my life.

7. shinji

shinji Guest

Onions... why i avoid cooking with them. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Also, movies. Like, seriously...as of late they are so bad that i can't help but weep for the industry and all those people who actually pay good money to watch them. ー( ̄~ ̄)ξ

Also... Love Stage, for some inexplicable reason (*≧▽≦)ノシ))

...and, what Kaiser said, crying is "fun"! In a sadistic/twisted kind of way. (●´艸`)

8. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

People like this woman.

[YOUTUBE]JuKCwS8wmls[/YOUTUBE]

9. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I think people are mad at me. :/

10. MyNameIsGabriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    when everything builds up and I relapse and the voices won't go away

11. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Absolutely nothing. I haven't done that in a very long time.

12. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

My anxiety makes me cry sometimes. I had a massive breakdown the other day because I got into a fight with my mother about it and I basically let everything I had bottled up inside out and had a massive fit. I punched the wall and basically boxed the couch. All I wanted to do was escape my body and go somewhere I wasn't so hurt and alone. I could barely breathe I was so upset. It's not a good feeling to not be content with where you're at in life.

#12 ChloeKiss, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  13. Ninjacorn

I haven't cried a lot lately, which is surprising, because I used to cry buckets on a regular basis. I had a really tough year in grade 6, and cried every morning before school. :icon_sad:

14. bioticvanguard

Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually cry when I'm too stressed out or if my anxiety is pretty bad; or if I have a panic attack (which sucks).

I cry when I watch something even remotely sad too.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get teary-eyed, but I haven't properly cried for years. Like Hexagon, I'm more likely to get angry than cry.

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cry at the slightest little sad thing. I'm a super emotional person. >.<

17. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ... That has been on my mind lately... It still is, and won't go away by crying. Can't cry about it anyways, I guess because I've just started with all this... Maybe I'll spend the next year or so staring at the mirror with a bitter smile, and then I'll go like you, I don't know...
    Anyways... (*hug*)

As I grow older I cry less and less. There is this occasions at movies or when someone dear to me cries, then I can't help it.
    And yeah, your typical 'american beauty' moment when you go like 'my god, it's so beautiful...'
    Since last year I only cried for one reason, and I guess you all know what it is.
    I can't stand myself crying, I'm mad at myself afterwards for wasting my time, crying doesn't solve anything... For me. I fully and sincerely respect other people crying if they want to, or makes them feel better. It's just not the right thing for me.

18. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cry when I start to feel too insecure about myself, and the evil demon of inadequacy, the feeling of 'not being good enough', takes over.

19. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    During the movie Up, when his wife dies and he's all by himself. Every single time I watch it, I've cried, even when I saw it in the theatre.
    When I'm really stressed and nothing is going right
    When that feeling of not being good enough strikes again

20. nailbug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    some movies make me tear up ("boys don't cry", for example) and certain songs that remind me of my friend who passed two years ago do as well. it's a rare occasion when i cry over that stuff, but it happens.