1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are pansexuals the only orientation that have relationships with trans people ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Oct 19, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is pansexuals the only people that have relationships or attracted to transexual people .?

2. Hexagon

No. People of any orientation do (though not everyone of every orientation). It's certainly not unheard of for a cisgender monosexual to date a trans person. It's just that most people take it as explicit in a pansexual's orientation that they're open to dating trans people.

3. Blossom85

I guess it comes down to the individual person. Just because pansexual's can fall for any gender, doesn't mean a straight person or a gay person or even bisexual person couldn't fall for a trans gender person.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Should I change my orientation to pansexual even though I'm attracted to women only but like since I'm open to dating trans women .

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A pansexual wouldn't care about attraction to "women" or "men", it's just people in general--gender doesn't factor into their attraction. Since it does factor into yours, I wouldn't say you are "pansexual". But really, as I've learned from other threads, these terms can be as idiosyncratic as you like.

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    no, you can still be lesbian and be attracted to trans-women as im gay and am attracted to trans-guys

7. jahow95

I thought that transgender people identify as the opposite sex... so they are still male or female and don't fall outside of the gender binary? meaning straight bi and gay people can go for trans people and still be straight bi and gay?

8. Della

Some people use the term polysexual = multiple sexuality but in todays binary gender society a transwoman is either a woman or a man (something I dont particularly agree with)
    Pansexual = liking all genders. It may not be fitting in your case
    If you see transwomen as another sexuality then technically you are bisexual but thats probably misleading so I wouldn't recommend that.

I prefer to refer to myself as queer because it feels less constricted and more open for new experiences which includes transexual individuals.

In the end its your personal decision what you want to call yourself, no one can tell you your sexual orientation is wrong or not wrong and first you have to see how you view gender identities... Try not mislead too many people!

Or just make up a new term like Lesbian+ xD

All the best

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Trans women are still women.....so a monosexual would still be lesbian or straight male if they like them.
    The ones who complete bottom surgery look completely like cis women, and even doctors sometimes can't tell the difference. Even if they have a penis, it doesn't work like a cis male penis.
    It would be like making up a new sexuality for being a lesbian who likes women with CAIS, or making up a new sexuality for straight women who are still attracted to cis men without penises (ones that lose them in accidents for example). They're still the gender they say they are.

And if I was transgender, I don't think I'd want a partner to identify as pansexual just for me alone (if they didn't consider themselves such previously)...it would feel like they were invalidating my gender and making some sort of exception for me.

#10 Fallingdown7, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  10. Della

Yes in todays society that is correct but some people do not believe in gender binary...It is something society has created out of convenience without realising or disregarding the fact that sexuality is complex.

11. Hexagon

Not unless you want to date men as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Pansexuality tends to imply a slightly different approach to sexuality, anyway.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For me for me I'm only into women and not men , I don't see trans women as men being that they had their surgery ,and now look like a woman in appearance . But I'm thinking as a lesbian I guess that doesn't make me a lesbian anymore so I guess your saying I'm bisexual since a trans woman was not born a woman ? :confused:
    I don't like the word queer , so is bisexual the right term then even though I only want to be women who are either cis or trans ? I just see them as women but ok I guess I'm not a lesbian . I wouldn't date a trans man because I'm not attracted to men and I see them as men . I'm confused

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, god dammit! This is a really cruel anti-bisexual slam too.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No no I don't want to be with men just cis and trans women if I happen to meet a trans woman i fall in love with .

---------- Post added 19th Oct 2014 at 02:56 PM ----------

i'm sorry pret I didn't mean it that way , I was just trying to figure stuff out I'm sorry again . Because I heard people saying on pansexual people are ok with dating trans and i thought even though I'm only into women if I date a trans woman if I should change my orientation to pans .

15. Hexagon

I know. Just saying, that would be the impression if you were to call yourself pansexual.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ohhhhh :eusa_doh: I'm not gonna mess with that word then .

---------- Post added 19th Oct 2014 at 03:05 PM ----------

Yay yeah because I don't see trans women as men ,at all but I prefer to date them when the surgery is all done . Good to know I can still be a lesbian , some people were telling that I'm pansexual and not a lesbian on youtube . They said if I was dating a trans man I would be a lesbian still because they said they were born female and not male .

#17 stocking, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  17. Acm

Acm Guest

Trans women are women so you're still a lesbian. If you say that you're bi or pan that implies you're attracted to guys as well

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your like me Peacemaker , it's good to know I always thought that at first but what those people said on youtube really made me wonder because they said I'm either pans or bisexual and they said only pansexuals date trans gender people . I really had to ask :confused:
    they were telling me that I wasn't a lesbian and that I was pans but I said I'm not attracted to men .

19. Della

Technically if you see transwoman and woman as two seperate sexual identities that you are interested in then you are bisexual TECHNICALLY but I DON'T recommend referring to yourself as this because people generally see bisexual as someone who likes men and women... (this is my problem with gender binary) I don't think its worth getting into a big fuss about... its ok to be lesbian and put "inc. transwoman" in brackets