1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCD Vs. DK

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by raizen, Sep 28, 2008.

1. raizen

raizen Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok since i love both singing groups, who do you think is better Pussycat Dolls or Danity Kane? i really cant decide myself lol

2. BeautifulStranger

Okay...
    Pussycat Dolls came first... then came Danity Kane, clearly based upon the idea of a sexy girl singing/dancing group...
    And once the success of DK had been noticed, Girlicious was created...
    Ipso facto, Pussycat Dolls are the original... and everyone knows that the original is unbeatable.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wouldn't the Spice Girls predate PCD? Or are we talking artificially-created female groups with one singer and the rest "dancers"?

Lex

4. Shrug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i also love both groups, but danity kane takes the cake for me!! if you remeber danity kane waz already assembled when pcd came out, pcd just dropped their album and single first!!! and lex iz right nicole is the only to rly sing for pcd, and all the danity kane girls sing!!!

5. BeautifulStranger

PCD was created by Robin Antin and Christina Applegate in 1993 as a burlesque performance group, although their first performance was in 1995. Performance group means dancing AND singing. So they were all singing before Danity Kane was. An official recording act was created just recently. Plus, the PCD recording group was cast in 2003 and Danity Kane in 2005. Even then, they released their first single in 2004. This single being "Sway", recorded for Shall We Dance?. Their first single was NOT "Dontcha", despite what many people think. So no matter how you look at it (Burlesque group or recording group) PCD had been around longer than Danity Kane.

And all of the Dolls do actually sing. Albeit, they aren't all lead vocalists, but they all recorded a solo track for the deluxe edition of Doll Domination.

Besides, I'd hardly call what PCD or Danity Kane does 'singing'...

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I like the PCD, never even heard of danity kane, plus PCD looks better, DK looks kinda plain

7. coreyjazz23

I like PCD better overall, but i think they're both good

8. MusicIsLife

When I saw DK i thought you mean Dead Kennedys, lol. So i will say Spice Girls, cause i strongly dislike most mainstream music nowadays.

9. Mind Freak

I like PCD better;; and they're way hotter IMO. x D

10. lodiug

I love PCD!! Especially their dance moves and super sexy outfits! I don't like Danity Kane's music at all.....

11. Shrug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yah ur ryte, i forgot about sway! amd yes the other girls of pcd sing, but its mainly backup vocals, on there first cd it says leadvocals on nicole, bt it only says backup vocalist on melody and carmit! i lyk danity kane better bc one i luv there music and 2, they dont have a lead singer, evryone sings on juz about evry song( and yes i would call it singing 4 both groups), even tho there r certain ppl who sing more, evry one gets a verse, chorus or bridge, nicole pty much gets it all wit pcd!!!

12. Danity Kane because all of them can actually sing and dance regardless of what you call 'singing' they CAN sing and have proven it during their auditions on Making The Band. Pussycat Dolls are performers not really much of a girl group/band because not each takes equal parts or is let to contribute equally.

13. Alarhardt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I generally don't like pop music too much, but I'd say Danity Kane.

14. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I'm more of a Danity Kane fan. Altho I like PCD, there's just something about them that I don't like.

15. Buffy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    PCD all the way!
    They are amazing!!:icon_bigg

16. Tofu Babi

Tofu Babi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dk.

"got a first aid kit handy"

17. JayC

JayC Guest

i LOVE both groups but PCD is my favorite. DK is talented VERY talented but PCD is more my type than DK.

18. JayC

JayC Guest

let's give both groups some more years and see how they turn out i doubt DK will put up with Diddy for much longer b4 getting a different label under a different name

19. ArcaneVerse

They both suck so in the end it doesn't really matter. Im not a fan of pop music and Pop\dance music and Skankfest Music i prefer artists that care about the music and the lyrics you know something with passion not a striptease

20. Shrug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    u myte lyk cherish, there r&b and hiphop, and rly gud, they dance as well bt normally there fully clothed!!! bt i still tnk dk is the best!!!:icon_bigg