1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this make me racist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, Sep 28, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

Well, this person on youtube messaged me and told me im a "fucking cunt" and that "all gays should be executed and crushed under foot"

And their screen name had the word "Negro" in it, but in a way that made you know the person was black.

So I replied saying "your views reflect those of decades past, and it makes you a hypocrite, considering at that time Negros were also "executed". "

Was that too...mean to say?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Considering what they said to you, I don't think so.

3. Derek the Wolf

No dude, if he made an attack on you like that, then there is NOTHING you can say which is too hurtful. I'm not saying it was the right thing to say, but you still have every right to say it. Sticking up for yourself (and your community) is always justifiable.

4. littledinosaurs

Nah don't let it bug you. and if it does then next time let idiots be idiots and don't respond.

5. Louise

I don't think it was harsh enough! On the other hand, it is not worth bothering with sort of small minded person who gives themselves the right to insult perfect strangers.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really

7. Kimi

You can try meaner than that:icon_wink

Don't worry about it.

8. happysky

Well he did do the first blow.
    If your not the first to throw the punch, your retalliation should
    Have no limit.
    Sounds like he deserved it though.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hardly ever get messages like that. When I do, I just hit on them. "You sound hot. What are you wearing?"

Lex

10. MusicIsLife

Lol Lex, good idea. & I get them a lot unfortunately, because I made an anti-homophobia video, so i get nasty messages every couple months.

11. Chamber of Life

Well I've gotten message like that, I just dont respond. And If I do I usally say something nice. As a black person am I offened? No it takes alot for me to get offended. Even though I get into arguments. I dont care what color they are. I dont bring race into it. But what you said wasnt horrible. It doenst make me mad. :slight_smile:

12. SlickyPants

I don't think you were being racist at all. However, if you had said something liked "I think all black people should be executed and crushed under foot" then that would definitely be racist.

13. Miles D

Everyone's a rittle bit racist!
    :grin:

14. JayC

JayC Guest

it was not mean ENOUGH i am a very sweet person BUT if u :censored: with me then u just :censored: your life up. but maybe it is good that u didnt over react

15. jbb1236

I know someone who says not to argue with idiots, because when you do it's difficult to tell who's who. I usually try to keep that in mind.

16. Trumpetplyer23

No.

I know a lot of racist people because of my family. They throw out racial slurs left and right.

I mean, you didn't use the n-word or anything like that and you didn't imply that you were superior to him because of skin colour.

17. Tofu Babi

Tofu Babi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont believe this makes your racist, sense im assuming you dont hate all negros. I think you just used that out of anger to try and attack him for somthing you cannot really control. Such as he did to you ( being homosexual ).

:thumbsup:
    Babi Tofu

18. Chamber of Life

The people who are saying "You didn’t say enough" I find that crazy in my head. I know what that youtube guy said was horrible about MusicIsLife and his sexuality. The guy that said those things is an idiot and ignorant. I know what he siad was wrong and disrespectful, but when ppl react why does it automatically lead to race or racial slurs? I know that guy did the same thing but why stoop to his level. I've gotten into arguments and debates on youtube before. I've had someone call me a faggot and other horrific names. When that happens to me my mind doesn’t automatically click to a racial slur. And if that's how some of you ppl think. I feel bad for you.

Its good to defend yourself and what MusicIsLife said wasn’t racist, he was just pointing out a fact, and I agree with him. That’s why I don’t judge or criticize people or make fun of someone. It’s not our fault that we’re gay and it’s not peoples fault on what color they’re born. I just find it shocking that some ppl say they would say worst. I wouldn’t. I don’t look at race and to see these posts makes me wonder am I in the right community?

#18 Chamber of Life, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008