1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CA Governor race: Jerry Brown or Neel Kashkari?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Oct 20, 2014.

?

CA Governor Race: Jerry Brown or Neel Kashkari?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2014.
  1. Jerry Brown

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Neel Kashkari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Either one looks fine to me.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. The elections are in two weeks and the California governor race actually looks pretty close for once. California is a total blue state that it's almost impossible to elect someone that is right wing like Romney.

However, the right-wing candidate, Neel Kashkari, leans more left-wing than any other Republican governor candidate I've ever scene. At least he's hands-off on social issues like gay marriage and abortion. He's also fiscally conservative, which also means that he'll cut funds towards our Rail Project. He's basically Libertarian operating under a different name. He's just part of the Republican Party due to his free-market beliefs. I'm starting to really like the guy.

Since California is a very blue state, Kashkari may not win, but if he runs for a second term, he could stand a good chance. However, if he does win, I don't think our blue legislature would let him lead his plan. He's a young guy, I'm sure he'll run again. If Brown retires, I probably wouldn't mind voting for Kashkari.

#1 anthonythegamer, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm left-leaning, so I would prefer Brown, but it's cool that Neel Kashkari is running. That would be a third Indian-American governor, though still Republican. :/

3. CyclingFan

Lol...one heck of a lot would have to change before this queer votes for the bigots who still fund anti equal marriage proposals. Brown for me.

4. This is one of the only republicans that is supportive of gay marriage. He voted against Prop 8 (banned gay marriage in CA) and marched in San Diego Gay Pride Parade. He's left-leaning on social issues. If Brown was retiring and Kashkari was running, I would vote for him.

5. CyclingFan

Not sure I get the appeal of voting for a republican based on the fact that he's an iconoclast on a few issues. Why not just vote for the actual democrat?

6. The focal point of issues change in California quite often. Right now, secondary education and university tuition is becoming the center of attention.

I'm two years away from attending university. We spend a lot on education, but we still manage to have some of the lowest ratings in education, particularly in high school graduates. Kashkari is actually addressing our education problems like increasing university tuition.

Plus, I'm an independent. I'd rather not affiliate myself with any candidate and be placed with expectations of who to vote for.

#6 anthonythegamer, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
  7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No way Kashkari wins.