1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you interested in relationships, or hookups?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SimpleTim, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Are you interested in casual, or serious relationships?

1. I am mostly interested in casual hook-ups

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. Somewhere in between. I like both/or alternative relationships

25 vote(s)
    29.1%
  3. I am mostly interested in serious relationships

58 vote(s)
    67.4%
  1. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

I had a friend tell me once that most (if not all) gays are only interested in hookups. Me being a pair-bonder was something very weird and out-of-place in the gay community.

Um, unless I'm delusional, it appears that there is a good amount of LGBT people who are also pair-bonders.

I wanted to collect a poll to see how you guys felt, and was curious to see what the majority was. Perhaps my friend was right?

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

That friend doesn't know what he's talking about and is very ignorant.

But me personally, I'm not looking for anything serious.

3. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am apparently quite unsual for a girl in that I prefer hook-ups to relationships. When I say 'hook-ups' I mean I tend to prefer being friends with benefits with several people at any given time, not necessarily sleeping with random people I don't know. Relationships have never been my forte, and I enjoy the variation sleeping with several people I know offers me

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm more interested in a proper relationship but I would be happy to have a casual hookup.

5. Doorway

Speaking as a virgin, hookups just don't make sense. So you're gonna screw someone you met 5 minutes ago and constantly avoid awkward eye-contact with them until your dying day? Just seems...anticlimactic, and risky as all hell considering STI's and stuff. That being said, I'd be OK with a relationship or even a "friends-with-benefits" dealio if the person's alright. At least you know the person and have some sort of connection to him/her other than "he/she's hot" or "he's huge" or whatever.

6. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There definitely is a stereotype that gay guys are hypersexual and promiscuous, but I simply haven't found that to be true.

I don't think I'm a hook-up type person; I'd only really be interested in relationships. But I can't say that I look down on people who like to hook-up; most of my straight friends do.

Additionally, someone can be interested in both. Most of my straight friends who have done hook-ups are also interested in relationships, just not with everyone they've hooked up with.

#6 MintberryCrunch, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I am not a hookup kinda guy at all.

8. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

That's really interesting, and I respect that. I read somewhere that for some, it can come with good emotional benefits, and a healthy state of mind/ outlook.

For the longest time, I found it frustrating why I can't feel the same way. Once I'm, err, locked on to someone, I get somewhat of a 'tunnel vision'.

9. Blossom85

I am interested in a serious relationship with someone and not at all interested in hook ups or FWB. I just don't see the benefit really of possibly becoming attached to someone who isn't attached to you, cause it is a recipe for disaster.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted the middle option--despite the fact that I've been faithful to my guy for 17 years. We both had many years before we met each other where we spread our seed rather liberally and we both had a rip-roarin' good time.:lol:

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eventually, a relationship would be cool. But right now I value the ability to have my friendships and my time alone.

I really want sex though. Like, badly. :frowning2: My butt is too uninvaded.

12. Tyrion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Relationship.

I am way too awkward and anti-social to even consider a hookup. I wouldn't want one anyway, though. It just isn't my type of thing.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm interested in relationships , I don't do hookups ; The only thing I was hooking up with was my dildo when i had some mean dry spells . We have a weird relationship it doesn't talk to me ,but i ride it like Sea biscuit .:lol:

#13 stocking, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  14. Acm

Acm Guest

Mostly interested in relationships

15. C P

C P

Neither, as of now at least.

In regards to the poll choices, I haven't voted, but it's kind of a no brainer really - an actual relationship is more appealing. I'm not interested in sex, so hookups don't interest me at all.

16. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um, not really hook ups no, I'm not really into that kind of scene... That usually involves going out and meeting random people... To lazy for that! Personally I'd rather have a serious... harem! ;P

17. Jethro702

I would say I am more interested in relationships, but doesn't mean I might not want to hook-up... I have only done it once before, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

18. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

:lol:

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2014 at 11:44 PM ----------

I have done a hookup too, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Didn't know much about him, wasn't too infatuated, but he turned me on, and we did stuff. It was ok, no hard feelings or nothing after which was nice.

I tried being FWB, and I got serious feelings. That sucked majorly.

The poll states what you mostly prefer. I would mostly prefer a relationship. Serious is a bad word though. Of course I imagine an ideal relationship that is fun, and comfortable.

19. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe a hookup to get me out of this 12 year "dry" stretch I have had, then serious relationships from there on out. It's just a matter of getting back on the board to get back in the game so to speak. It's cliche but whatever...

20. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For the time being, neither. However, I favour relationships far more than casual hookups.