1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closeted and in a relationship

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Oct 20, 2014.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hello members :slight_smile:

Is it possible to be closeted and still be in a lifelong relationship?

What are your views? :slight_smile:

2. Blossom85

I guess it is possible, however if you are really close to family and friends, then it would be something really hard to keep a secret forever and would you really want to keep it a secret? And if the other person was out, how would it make the still closeted person feel? I would understand that each person needs to take their own time to come out.. But if I was with someone for many years and my partner was still not out and I had to pretend she was just a friend.. I would feel really bad and sad about that. How can you really be yourself when your in a Same sex partnership and can't be like every other couple in public because you aren't out? I think it would only possibly truly work if both were closeted and both weren't close to family.

3. teagirl

teagirl Guest

My parents were both female. Both were disappointed with men so they became each other's companion and had me later on in their lives. Yes, it is possible as long as it is discreetly done. Mum's older sister came to live with us so it wasn't all that suspicious hehehe.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is very possible if both parties are closeted. "Just roommates", or sharing living quarters, as far as anyone else knows.

5. Hexagon

It's possible, but troublesome. The closeted party may well not be fully accepting of themselves, and this makes relationships difficult. The out party may feel as though their partner is ashamed of them.

6. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Thanks for your replies guys :slight_smile: