1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm not a touchy person

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JayR, Oct 21, 2014.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know, i flinch whenever someone touches, hugs, taps me etc.. I'm not comfortable with it. I feel like my personal space is being invaded. I'm not an anti-social person, i have lot of friends. Whether it's my family or someone. I don't know why? Am I the only one? But on the other hand, i wouldn't mind my crush touching me, only if he would. Haha

2. TheStormInside

You're not the only one, I'm like this as well. My friends have learned hugs are the opposite of comfort for me and respect that. I can tolerate a hug if I know it's coming but otherwise I tend to jump back or scrunch up like I'm bracing for impact. On the other hand if I'm really into someone (like you and your crush) it feels a bit different with them, like they are "welcome in" when others aren't.

3. cuppycake

Yep, I'm the same. I don't like being touched. I don't know why, it's just the way I feel. It's weird, other people's hands feel different on me and I don't like it. It's not like I don't want to be touched, it's just that I want to be touched only when I really want it, not when I least expect it. Sometimes I've even screamed like 'JUST DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME YOU KNOW I DON'T LIKE IT' and curl into a ball of anger and frustration >з<

4. White Knight

I am also very sensetive to others touch. Usually flinch when someone touch me. Probably because I've been touched the "wrong" way when I was a kid. Especially hate touching my brother in any kind.

With my cats or crush/boyfriend I love touching them. Probably biggest give away if I am interested in a person or not is checking if I am touching them.

5. tulipinacup

I think for me, I'm just not used to getting touched by other people but it's also because we weren't a touchy family.

When I was with my long distance ex-bf, he complained how I didn't initiate much of the hugging or cuddling but I wasn't even aware of it and when the first time we ever met on the airport, he felt really upset that I only gave him a handshake and not a hug.

In my mind I do love the idea of getting touched by people that I like, but when that time comes, I feel uncomfortable/really new to it.

6. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I used to be like that, but then i started loving hugs.

7. DarkestDream

I'm like that too. I don't like to be touched, and I flinch when someone touches me. I can hug someone if they don't grab me suddenly to do it. It has to do with years of abuse, which I'm still working through.

8. Bastian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am often scared when someone hugs me or touches me in a friendly way. I prefer to choose if I want to be touched or not, and be prepared. I told my friends and my coworkers. Mostly they are OK with it.

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like being touched and hugged. Really dislike it when other men are so homophobic that they only want to shake hands at arms length and be very formal.

10. White Knight

He he come to Turkey then. Our regular greeting is shaking hands, hugging and kissing on both cheeks....:grin:

11. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I am am exactly the same, I despise being touched. Unless it's an attractive male.

12. Jenna0780

I'm the same way. The only people I don't mind physical contact with are people that I feel very close to. I know some people adore physical contact. I've had co-workers and acquaintances that always feel the need to touch the person they're talking to, but I just loathe it.

13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, I love being touched. I'm a very touchy-feely person. I had a friend of mine the other day jokingly caress my shoulder. Even though he was doing it to creep me out, I actually really liked it. I also had a friend in high school who used to tousle my hair all the time. I liked that too. I'm such a weirdo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But no, you're definitely not alone. I'm finding that I'm a bit of the odd one out.

14. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only a few people can get away with hugging me. I don't really like physical contact, but like you said, for sone people it would be welcomed :grin:

15. lukeluvznicki13

I also don't like it when people touch me at times. I just find it awkward and weird.

16. Hel

Hel

I don't like being touch either. It may come from the fact that I grew up in a "non touching" family.

17. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to detest being touched as a child! I hated it. Now I love being cuddled and touched!

18. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You love my hugs right, hugs (*hug*).

19. discalcedtierce

I don't like being touched by most people, either. Like a couple of other posters on this thread, it has to do with bad touching throughout my life. The few people I don't mind touching me are a few close friends, but that's because they respected the fact that I didn't really like being touched in the close friend. Because they respected my boundaries, I came to trust them enough to allow them to touch me, and there are even times when I'm having a bad day that I seek them out for a hug, which is a HUGE deal for me.

20. discalcedtierce

I don't like being touched by most people, either. Like a couple of other posters on this thread, it has to do with bad touching throughout my life. The few people I don't mind touching me are a few close friends, but that's because they respected the fact that I didn't really like being touched in the first place. Because they respected my boundaries, I came to trust them enough to allow them to touch me, and there are even times when I'm having a bad day that I seek them out for a hug, which is a HUGE deal for me.

#20 discalcedtierce, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014