1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyebrow woes!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wanderinggirl, Oct 21, 2014.

1. wanderinggirl

I'm trying to grow back my plucked eyebrows; I haven't touched them in a couple months and very little hair is coming back in. Does anyone have experience regrowing brow hair after years of tweezing?

Ugh, regrets... I was a stupid teenager.

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

are u joking my eyebrows grow like a fucking mammoth , i never even thought people could have the opposite problem

plz trade me caterpillar eyebrows :v

3. wanderinggirl

The brows are always greener...

4. Doorway

My brother gives me shit because my eyebrows are bushy and I have sort of a unibrow, but I kinda like 'em.

Although I have been told I look like Hitler. That might persuade me into doing something about them. My eyebrows, not the Jews :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pencil them in xD That's what I have to do

6. wanderinggirl

I'm jewish and I lol-ed...

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

true

8. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine have been strangly weak/brittle and haven't really grown properly since I was 17 for some reason. More recently they've been growing better and some areas were getting to full length only to fall out again. I think it may be health related in my case as my eyelashes, although not as bad, tend to do this as well.
    If you're not keen on pencil eyebrows you can buy fake stick-on eyebrows with hair (same principle as fake lashes).

9. wanderinggirl

I've heard the fake stick-on brows being referred to as "eyebrow merkins".

10. Candace

I've always thought that my eyebrows were a bit too big and/or bushy, so perhaps just trimming them a little bit? Plus I have a little bit of hair between the eyes that I might consider shaving, just to avoid any resemblance to a Cro-Magnon or something :lol:.

11. Mickz

I was born with blonde very thin eyebrows so mine are still practically invisible so I can't help sorry :/

12. 741852963

Don't they make that eyelash serum that grows lashes longer/thicker? I'm sure I read it was developed from a glaucoma drug where lash growth was found to be a side effect so it probably does work. Surely that would work for brows too?

EDIT: Here we go: Wiki says: "Latisse was introduced in the first quarter of 2009 by Allergan as the first drug to receive FDA approval for eyelash growth. Latisse is a solution of bimatoprost, the active component of the glaucoma medication Lumigan. According to Allergan, noticeable eyelash growth occurs within 16 weeks. Growth is reported to occur primarily on the upper eyelashes. Several cosmetics companies have released products based on prostaglandin analogs, as non-drug cosmetics." "Revitalash" apparently contains the ingredient. Expensive though.

I'm sure no one notices to be fair. If it makes you feel better my own eyebrows have dandruff, very annoying, grrr.

#12 741852963, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  13. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    :roflmao:

14. I've had the problem of shaving off my eye brows when I was 3 because I was playing with a razor (don't ask...). Eyebrow hairs grow back very slowly, which explains why they're so short. It's been almost 15 years and they look normal again, but it must have been a long process.

15. Ceasg

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've heard castor oil applications can help. You can apply it with a clean mascara wand (but you probably need to thin the oil down with another oil like coconut or olive because it's so thick and sticky). Personally, I've got the opposite problem. Eyebrow hairs that grow back no matter what! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: