1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Monica Lewinsky a victim ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Oct 21, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Personally I see her as a victim , because she was very young when the this happened and I think she was taken advantage of . Yes what she did was wrong but the way she was treated was just plain awful , it made it difficult for her to get work and she's still plagued by what happened years ago .
    Do you see Monica as a victim or do you think she's not a victim ?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If anyone in that situation was a victim, it was Hillary.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think they both are

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, Monica's no more innocent than Bill was. Clinton should have been the better person and said no, but she's just as at fault for that as Bill. It takes two to tango, after all.

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. If she was the victim of anything, it would be hand-wringing moralizers making a bigger deal out of it than it was. People have affairs, and though I don't think it's a good idea personally, I'm not going to have fits over it. As for setting examples as a politician, look at Newt Gingrich and John McCain...they both left their wives for younger women while their wives were in the hospital, and carried on affairs. I always wondered why they get such a free pass, comparatively.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I mainly blame Bill for what happened, I swear the whole thing just pissed me off and made me hate him

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i did, not, have sexual relation with, woman (ever)

---------- Post added 21st Oct 2014 at 06:25 PM ----------

[​IMG]

did NOT have touch, of the woman!!!

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's because cat daddy Bill had the oral sex is not sex defense . :tantrum:

9. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really do feel bad for her because for the rest of her life that's all she's going to be known for

10. BiPenguin

I tend to wonder if the Clinton's have an understanding for it didn't seem to rock their marriage at all. Monica could be viewed as a victim in the way her name has been tarnished but Bill has not had any damage against his name at all.

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's easy to say that she should have exercised self-restraint. For her, it might have been harder to say no to the president she served. I'm not well-acquainted with what happened, but I would tend towards the idea that Clinton was certainly in the more comfortable position in terms of choice, or at least how he perceived it compared to her view-point.

As for the consequences, that is definitely something she's a victim of. Both she and Clinton were victims of quite a large scandal which was really out of proportion, or rather, which focussed on the wrong things. The smear against them wasn't that there was a risk of it having been an inappropriate, unhealthy and unequal relationship (which would certainly be what I'd be more worried about), but that they had sex at all and it was a convenient way to stick mud to Clinton.

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

And everyone believed him too and started following that (even if that was a problem before, it made it worse). What an idiot.

13. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I she think she is a victim, as well as everyone else involved the situation. It's true that they made some mistakes, but the backlash and abuse they received because of it was horrifying. I honestly don't think they deserved to get treated the way they did.

That's my opinion. You don't have to agree with me. I think people should be treated with dignity and respect, no matter what they've done in the past. Especially if they regret it and have apologized for their behaviour.

14. Blossom85

I think as much as it was her choice and her decision to become involved with him, she is still a victim in my eyes.

15. discalcedtierce

Even if she fully consented to it, there was such a power differential that there really couldn't have been a full choice, in my eyes. I think she is a victim in the same way that therapy clients, who have relations with their therapist (and the therapist can be charged with sexual assault if this happens). Even though consent is there, I don't feel that it can be fully given because of the power difference.

16. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bill Clinton takes like 75% of the blame, but Monica is no innocent actor in this whole thing. However, I admire her for surviving the Clinton's attempt to destroy her life.

Slick Willie got away with his failings because of his power-hungry wife's 'forgiving' nature and because of the GOP's idiotic attempt to impeach him.

17. White Knight

I doubt there was a victim at all.

What Hillary did was wrong. Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with women. They talk about girl power and pride of women and they accept their cheating husbands back as they thaught it is honorable thing to do.

18. Gen

Gen

Was she a victim in her interactions with Bill? I would lean toward a strong no. There is basically no solid evidence of coercion or even pursuit on behalf of Bill. Bill Clinton is infamous for being known as a vary charismatic and appealing man; the notion that Lewinsky "clearly" must have been coerced and victimized is not only unrealistic, but panders to the misogynist ideal that women don't experience sexual impulse and pursue sex as men do.

Was she a victim of media assault and cruelty? Absolutely.

19. Candace

I'm leaning towards no as well. She was 22-23 at the time and I'm sure that she was well aware of what she was doing and the potential repercussions of all of that. If I were her, I'd feel bad since that's the stigma and connotation that she's going to carry with her for the rest of her life.

I do feel that Hillary was more of the victim in this fiasco though.

20. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

[​IMG]

i did not...... i have never even touched a titty, with the women!!!!

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2014 at 11:32 AM ----------

wow..... almost as if infidelity in relationship.... is complicated!!!!!! especially under the pressure of a political machine!!! much shock?!