1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Like to Dance?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Well, do you?

I'm not a professional dancer, by any means. But I can dance, a bit.

Slow dancing isn't all that difficult, but I'll count that. I can, somewhat, do the Tango, but I'm sure, a professional of that style, would critique the hell out of me.

Sometimes, if I'm somewhere, like waiting in a long line, I may bust out into a fluid-like dance, to pass time, or to make it go by quicker. I've even had a few 'dance offs' in public, with the most notable being with a young lady, in line at a bank. We went back and forth, for about 10 minutes, and the other customers in line, as well as the bank tellers, were smiling and having a good time.

One of my more enjoyable moments, with a bunch of strangers.

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I used to be a stage (musical) actor when I was young.

So therefore, I did a lot of dancing. I was fairly good for my age, in my opinion.

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like dancing to choreography the most--I did a hip hop dance class in high school and it was amazing. I also love any dancing done in musicals.

I enjoy going to dances and dancing with other people (doesn't have to be sexual, but sometime it is). So yes, I think it's fair to say that I like to dance :slight_smile:

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I have absolutely no clue how to dance or what it even really is and have basically no natural urge to try or move around or be active with body movement and everyone tells me it is the sign of a disorder, i just have no instinct to like, move

:dead:

5. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes. Alone, inside my house.
    To be honest I don't really dance, I just do a lot of random body movements for hours until I get tired

6. Blossom85

From age of 5 till about 11 or 12, I was enrolled in dance classes because I wanted to do dance. We did jazz ballet and tap dancing and we used to do the end of year concerts as well. I loved it and found it really enjoyable and exciting to learn new steps and just have fun with it all. Growing up, it was one of the best things I did. I still like dancing now but don't do it very often, but I do love watching my younger cousins dance in dance school now.

7. Lady Boss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im a hip hop dancer

8. DinelodiiGitli

If breakdance counts then yes, I do. :slight_smile: I took ballet lessons for years too so I sometimes freestyle that for fun.

9. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Why, don't mind if I do Kaiser!
    *takes you by the hand and spins you around on a moonlit terrace like some soppy old film* :lol:

Sadly though, as amusing as the image of my top-hatted tiger avatar shaking its stuff on the dance floor might be I'm afraid my stiff joints and muscles do not lend themselves well to fluid movement. And even before that was an issue I've always been pretty clumsy.
    I like the IDEA of silly little dances though. Maybe if someone invents a dance based on the jerky stiff movements of japanese horror characters* then I might have something to work with!

*Note to self: invent this dance, it will be really popular at Halloween! And no other time. Ever.

10. tulipinacup

You are so wild sometimes, Kaiser but to answer your question, I think I like seeing someone dance more than me doing the actual dance even though I have unwillingly participated in dance routines and contests.

11. AlamoCity

I once stayed up all night doing a charity dance marathon with some college buddies at our school to raise money for a children's hospital. I was a train wreck on the dance floor, but I had fun.

I have two left feet. The dances I am best at are those like the Texas two-step or dances that actually tell you what to do (e.g. at the aforementioned dance, there was a song that went "to the left, to the left, to the left, now kick, now kick, now kick).

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If you had to put a number, to the dances you can do, what would that be?

Is this competition I sense? Mm.

[​IMG]

If he can do it, and consider that dancing -- you have no excuse.

Sometimes, it is best if we sexy folks dance alone. No need causing unnecessary heart attacks, to the public, right?

LOL!

You must have some strong toes, and a fantastic sense of balance. Ever considered becoming a superhero, with the catchphrase, 'Toewhere to run, evil-doers!'?

But seriously, random dancing can be enjoyable. It really can get the positive vibes flowing, or it does for me. Just 'wiggling out the bad funk' is helpful, sometimes.

Envy level rising...

Okay. Envy levels reaching critical levels...

[​IMG]

Let's get it cracking, like a glass on the floor, then!

Interestingly, it is my potential for apathy, that allows me to be 'so wild', because I don't care sometimes. Kind of funny, how that works, isn't it? Lol.

Oh, there are definitely people, who would serve me -- that's what the kids call it, now, right? That's what's poppin' in the streets, yeah?

I like watching dancing, too. It can be an entertaining and humbling experience.

You have the willingness, to have a good time, though. I'd be down with the world's worst dancer, if they were just willing to have a good time. Dance isn't so much about technique or style, it's more or less, another avenue to release yourself -- be it in celebration, need to vent, or a combination of both. It is a lot more than that, to me, at least. Even if I don't practice it, as much as I do other things.

By the way, I hated elementary school Physical Education, because of those types of songs. And Billy Ray Cyrus, too. I hated him, for that "Achy Breaky Heart" song, that infiltrated grade school dances. LOL!

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

A number to the dances I can do?

I'm not sure what you mean by that ^^;

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Did you only do one type of dance, or did you do multiple kinds? That is what I was asking, really. Kind of like how the Tango and break dancing, can count as two dances, even if they both are just dancing.

15. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think we're gonna have to have a dance-off :wink:

16. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I was in musical theater. I did whatever choreography they had me do.

In recent times, I did industrial dancing for exercise. I don't do it anymore though.

17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but I'm extremely shy, until the adrenaline hits me. It has to be an aggressive or manic song. Extreme Metal, Hard House, Eurobeat, Aggrotech, Happy Hardcore, Hardcore Techno, and some really catchy pop songs. Those are the types of music that make me wanna dance.

The first routines I learned were from Steps songs. I still remember them. Yes, the band Steps. Now, if only I didn't trip over my own freaking feet! But I've made a lot of improvement since I was a kid. And does moshing count? I like it when it isn't too intense.

18. timo

"If there's one thing that I could never confess it's that I can't dance a single step"

[youtube]Nj6SO_yKMe8[/youtube]

There are moments where I think I'm an amazing dancer. Most All of those times, there's alcohol involved.

19. ZenMusic

I'm a street dancer, and it's my everything.

20. ZenMusic

I can shuffle and am currently learning to glide.