1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me think of an excuse? URGENT!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iHeartYouu, Oct 22, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

Hey... so my stupid teacher suggessted we do a dance item for our principal infront of the entire school of 3000 people because she is leaving and I'm definetely not thrilled by the idea. Mostly I hate dancing and i have an incredibly low self esteem. I want to ask if i can be excused and what reason am I going to say? She's kind of a tough nut to crack. Appropiate answers only please.
    PS: The dance is like little stupid dance actions which involves some walking and mostly just the hands. I need some good excuses I can tell.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Let us begin with the honest and direct options, shall we?

You could tell your teacher, you just don't feel comfortable doing this. Simple as that.

You could, before the dancing situation comes up, find something else to do -- so you can go do that, instead of this dance event.

You could get in trouble at school, and miss out, due to being disciplined. Of course, I don't suggest this one, because you'll be getting into trouble. However, it isn't bending the truth.

That said...

If you're willing to do whatever, however...

You could always "be sick" for that day. I don't know how stern your parents/caretakers are, when it comes to that, but there are ways to convince others, that you are ill. If you can't stay home, then claim you aren't feeling well, and stay in the nurse's office. If this is not an option, play sick, and maybe your teacher won't make you perform. If need be, and the being sick isn't working, claim you're having your period, but be convincing in your discomfort.

You could ask to be excused, right before this dance event, and... just not come back, until it is over. You run the risk of getting in some kind of trouble, though, and I don't know where you'd go until this is over.

You could just skip that class, entirely, if you're really wanting to avoid doing this.

Unless you can find another teacher, to vouch for you, and maybe have you stay with them, during all of this, there isn't much else you can do. Well, except actually go through with 'dance item'.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can always pretend to be embarrassed and mention that you have diarrhoea; it's unlikely that you'll be proven wrong. Dancing with particularly sensitive bowels wouldn't be a good idea, or so your teacher would think.

4. Blossom85

I actually think it could be something that might be good for your self esteem and confidence, sometimes one needs to get out of their comfort zone and do something that doesn't necessarily make them feel very comfortable, however if you really feel that it is something you can't participate in.. I think just be honest and let your teacher know that it is not something you feel comfortable doing. Has your teacher said that is it something that is compulsory or just something those who feel like they want to participate in can? You never mentioned that and from what you mentioned, it sounds like a suggestion right now.. Which means if it doesn't generate enough interest, it might not be something that is even done, so try not to stress or worry and just maybe get some more details first of all.. Like if it is going ahead and if everyone has to participate?

5. iHeartYouu

Thanks y'all for your suggestions hope i can pull it off haha

6. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    This doesn't really answer your question but this topic reminded me of a time when I was in primary school and my class were required to do a 'dance' at assembly in front of the rest of the school. It was some really ridiculous thing where we had to stand in a line and sing a song accompanied by exaggerated arm movements like shaking fists and silly faces. They got us all up in front of everyone but once I was there I just point blank refused to do anything. I had half considered going along with it up until that point but actually seeing this daft spectacle about such a serious topic (wars, world peace etc) brought home just how asinine and childish it was (yes I know we were children, but I never quite understood why that meant we had to act like total morons). So I just stood there doing nothing, except crossing my arms and shaking my head when others tried to gesture to me to do the movements. Needless to say the teacher wasn't best pleased! I certainly wouldn't recommend this strategy though, as it had the unintended effect of drawing focus to me because I was the only one not participating.

Others have already mentioned all the good excuses you could use. Worst comes to worse if you do have to do it then most likely you can just do the actions and blend into the group and no one will really be looking at you, chances are no one in the audience will be particularly paying attention to such a dance as you described.

7. PurpleGrey

Worse comes to worse, I usually just disappear into the very back of the group where I can hide the fact that I'm not doing anything. Shouldn't be too hard, guessing by what I think the dance will look like.

Actually, I have managed to disappear completely, starting from the center of attention. I was in Hawaii, and I unknowingly volunteered for a hula activity before anyone else. Two minutes later, I was back in the middle of the crowd, and nobody noticed or cared. I have mad disappearing skills.

8. iHeartYouu

We are singing the song and doing sign actions with a little bit of movements and standing in two rows so that we dance when the principal walks past us, i want for the rehearsal today and it was terrible. There will be cameras following the principal too which I'm abit camera shy, which makes it more worse.

9. PurpleGrey

Damn. In that case, your best shot is to come down with a convenient chest cold. Or head cold, whatever. If you absolutely must, and I mean if there is no other option, you could intentionally make yourself a little bit sick. Nothing unsafe, but I would sleep with my head near an open window. Something to get your nose and throat infected.

It's not as dangerous as it sounds, but it is very unpleasant, and it might not be worth it. Then again, it might be. Just don't shoot for a flu, that hurts more.

10. Hexagon

Sprain an ankle? Develop a religious opposition to dancing?

11. Candace

Become sick on the day that you have to go on or like Hexagon said, sprain an ankle. I mean, they can't force you to dance, right?

12. Pie

Pie Guest

Drink 1 gallon of milk -> vomit -> sick -> stay at home. Inspired by The Slow Mo Guys' video about vomit. It's a bit extreme but it will most probably work fine.

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Be honest. Tell her that the idea makes you very uncomfortable and why.