1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Snever2late, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Snever2late

Okay, think of that one person who broke your heart into a million pieces.

Now, you have to choose...

You can go back and relive your time with that person, but it will end the exact same way

or

You can forget about them completely, as if they never existed.

What would you do and why?

2. qwer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would quit asap......at the beginning, it may be heartbreaking, though.
    But it would be much better than ending the relationship after devoting all your time and affection.

3. Blossom85

Wow, very interesting question..

Well without the girl who broke my heart, I might not be in the position I am right now including being a member of this wonderful forum because I might not have has the push that was necessary to question my own sexual orientation, so as much pain and heart ache I felt.. I would do all over again even if it resulted in the same heartbreak. I also would have preferred to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Forget about them, though I've been over them for a long time.

It would be better, because I wouldn't be haunted by the memory that I once let myself get so attached to someone like a naive child.

Being attached to people will only end badly and make you blind and irrational.

5. Safekeeping

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Based on that information, I'd probably forget they ever existed. Unless I cared about the person who broke my heart into a million pieces, I could do without them.

6. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a very tough question. Even if I knew it was doomed to end the exact same way, I'd definitely go back in time to relive it. Perhaps it is not the most healthy option, but it would mean I'd get a chance to tell her I loved her, and get rid of one of the biggest regrets in my life so far.

...yes, I'm a romantic. No, I do not give a damn.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm assuming this is romantic love, and I haven't really been in such a situation. But, I would choose to forget because I don't believe in a soulmate. I think there are multiple people I could have a perfectly satisfactory and healthy relationship with.

8. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would probably forget it because i think if it hadn't ever happened i would probably be in a better place with myself and people around me.

9. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    forget it . its in the past my last relationship ended quit bad .

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd do it again. Better to have loved and lost. But I've never had my heart absolutely shattered, just wounded, and it's partially my own fault. So I learned from it. :/

11. White Knight

None. I prefer to remember it.

Reliving the thing with knowing what would happen at the end is just
    masochistic/pathetic.

Forgetting them compelety would leave vulnerable to similar things can happen in the future.

Everything happens to us, good or bad, has a value as experience. This is how we learn from our past and get ready for future.

12. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She didn't break my heart at the end of a very long three years, it was me in fact who had to let her go in the end simply because there was no way it was going to work anymore. I'm not happy about it either but I barely had any choice anymore. There wasn't even a real genuine relationship, it was really complicated.

There was a lot of heartbreak in the middle too.

But honestly part of me almost wants to relive it. There were some great times, I almost miss the stomach swooping butterflies and being so infatuated with someone to the point I would do anything for them and my heart jumped just being around them.

However, I will be content with the memories for now. It was certainly a very chaotic time and I learned a lot of lessons, and I'll stay in the present cherishing the good times and holding onto what I learned from the bad.

13. Candace

Just like the Taylor Swift song, we are never ever ever gonna get back together.

No way, nada, zilch, zero.

14. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go back and relive it. It is better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all. Even if it doesn't seem like it, all relationships have some positive outcome to them, even if you break up. Something that may seem miniscule at the time, could turn out to be something big later on.

15. Hexagon

No one has broken my heart...

16. shinji

shinji Guest

The very first thing i would do is, write the winning lotto numbers, then go back in time, go out with said person and just before they break my heart, i'll break theirs, then collect my winnings and go find happiness with someone better.

17. thekillingmoon

Forget and move on. There is no point living in the past, especially when you know how it's going to end.

18. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Forget their existence, I don't want to love someone that won't be mine. It's better not to known them in the first place.

19. Snever2late

This is really interesting guys, thank you for answering. More answers welcome, but I realized I never answered my own question and that's not very sporting of me.

I've said to myself that I wish it never happened, but even when I say that I know it's a lie. I would relive every moment- every painful, stupid, messed up bit of it- to feel the way I felt for those moments when everything was perfect. Those times when the butterflies were going crazy in my stomach and my heart was nearly pounding out of my chest. There is nothing that would make me want to give up or forget those moments. The other way I wouldn't know what I had missed because it would never have existed but ... now that I know that it is possible to feel that way I feel like my life is richer for that knowledge.