1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any tips or tricks I should know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BiohazardBanana, Oct 24, 2014.

1. BiohazardBanana

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, as a step towards telling my family, I'm slowly introducing my affinity for looking feminine. Halloween is a great time to do such a thing, right? Play it off as a silly costume. I'm going as Kagome from Inuyasha and making it myself. Any sewing tips and/or general tips for feminizing my already pretty androgynous features?

Kagome, for those that don't know:
    [​IMG]

Anyways, wish me luck. And seriously, sewing tips and tricks are appreciated. O~O

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looks like that skirt's waistline is about navel-height. If you set it right on yourself as well it will really accentuate your hips. :wink:

3. PurpleGrey

Good choice!

I'm no expert, but I sew a little. What I would do is cut out a big doughnut for the skirt, then fold and pin the pleats and sew around the waist to make them stay, preferably by machine. There are sewing patterns on the net for the sailor cape/collar/whatever, and I think it would be better to tie an actual neckerchief rather than just sew on the knot, but that's an option.
    The part of the sailor thing that goes across the chest is actually a flap that buttons inside.

Hope this was helpful. :slight_smile: