1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me find a book?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iHeartYouu, Oct 24, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

Hey, so i like to read. I have been wanting to read on a book about lesbian crushing on another girl in a school. Anyone know any books relating to that?

2. Snever2late

Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden is an oldie but goodie. It makes my heart sing.
    Keeping You a Secret by Julie Ann Peters is pretty good
    Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan - I'm reading it now, so far so good
    The Difference Between You and Me by Madeleine George

Those are just a few to start.

Check this and other lists on Goodreads and whatnot Popular Lesbian Young Adult Books

<Edit> In Annie on My Mind, they aren't actually in the same school. But it's amazing and touching anyway, and I would highly recommend it!

#2 Snever2late, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  3. iHeartYouu

Thank you!! Will definetely check it out!

4. PurpleGrey

Sounds like the plot of the majority of yuri, LOL!

Honestly, with so little lesbian fiction out there, besides trashy paperbacks for men, or at least that I can find, your lucky just to get a lesbian side plot. Yuri, however, is chock-full of school crushing, and little else. If that's your speed, I recommend Girl Friends by Milk Morinaga. It's comparatively realistic, and it's very moving and cute!

5. Snever2late

You're welcome! I should mention, these are young adult books, so when you go looking for them make sure you look in that section. I am not aware of any particularly good adult fiction with this topic. Then again, I'm a children's librarian so I have less expertise in that area.

6. Kat kanu

fan fiction ones about school and a couple you wish were together ... like princess bubblegum and marceline or jade and tori look for school fic in the description

7. ForeverYoung000

Hey Iheart you

Have you heard of pretty little liars? There are a few books on the series that includes lesbian crush and they end up dating. I don't know if you're interested in show/book, but that's all I know from memory.

- Esther