1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Member Status Question

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by forget me knots, Oct 26, 2014.

1. forget me knots

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have a question...

I've seen a lot of people on the forums with sometimes 2,000 or more posts and they're still regular members. It makes me wonder if there's other criteria to becoming a full member other than just being on the site for more than two weeks and having at least 50 posts. is this true? Will I never reach full membership!? Will I never be able to use the chat rooms!? *dies inside*

2. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah man there isnt. And haha the chat rooms arent all that interesting

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I asked to be a member at 2 weeks and 50 posts I think that maybe the ones that have been here a while are not asking to be one yet . But I could be wrong lol

4. wolf of fire

I imagine they do not want to, in hindsight why I became one if a mystery, I am yet to send a private message and due to the nature of the device I am using I can't use the chatroom. You need to apply for it and if you don't want to be one than it would be a waste of your time.

5. ForeverYoung000

What requirements do you have to reach in order to qualify as a full member?

6. cuppycake

I believe you had to be here for 2 weeks or something, and then you have to have 50 posts. And then you apply and wait.
    Man, I've been waiting for ... I don't know, but it's been a while x_x Still, I don't mind! If all I have to do is wait, then I'm fine with that!

7. Candace

Yes! Way back in the day, I became a full member with around 175-200 posts. You can become a full member as long as you give meaningful posts (not just spamming to increase your post count), along with filling out the questionnaire that they give you correctly. :slight_smile: You can become a full member. It's easy :grin:

8. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I tried to become one a while ago, but nothing's happened yet. I'll still hold out hope :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some people simlpy do not apply...

According to other posts, there is a backlog of a few weeks for processing...

as a full member, you can take part in the chat, message other full members (you can always message moderators) and make comments on the blogs, for example...
    so you can communicate a bit more privately...

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what I've heard, it takes about a month for them to process your application. Patience is the key, and if you've been a good contributor, chances are you'll get approved.

11. Naren

This thread puzzles me. I applied and got full member in like 4 days. I don't recall having done anything that can be described as "Meaningful"

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As it was mentioned in a couple of posts, to apply for full membership you have to have been around for at least two weeks and have a minimum of 50 posts. An application will be automatically declined if these two criteria are not met. (An application will also be declined if we see in our review that one has made for example 20 or 30 posts in one thread within a very short period of time just to reach the minimum number of posts required).

When staff evaluate an application, and as part of the application, we do look at the posts that a member created and at the quality of them. If for example one applies and has made mostly posts with one lines that don't say much or only posted in one thread or forum the chances are that that the member will be asked to write more meaningful posts, so for staff to be able to evaluate the application better.

Depending on how busy staff are (online and offline), it can take a few weeks for a full membership application to be reviewed and evaluated.

13. ForeverYoung000

Okay, thanks xDD

14. Blossom85

It took just under 6 weeks to process my application, so if you have applied already, just give it some time as already mentioned the staff are busy and also have their own personal live as well. Also some people may not want to become full members and don't apply as well. I think just be patient if you have already applied and if you are going to apply, just keep it in mind it might take a while.

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The staff have a lot of work to do, and membership has grown substantially in the last few years. Ultimately, all applications are reviewed and answered. Post count doesn't matter, although you need at least 50 posts in many different parts of the forum (and not the games session).

16. One Man Army

Dies from the disappointment

17. RedFireFly

There are a few questions you have to answer when you apply. It's a safe bet that that's what they judge you out from.

18. ThatJoeGuy

Out Status:
    All but family
    I was just wondering if they are still currently accepting people for full membership status. Does anyone know if they are still reviewing apps?

19. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I don't see why they should not.

20. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

It is possible that at least a few of those with 1000+ posts have actually lost full member status and never bothered to reapply for it.

*cough cough* :eusa_whis