1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossfit?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by geoworld24, Oct 27, 2014.

1. geoworld24

geoworld24 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am thinking about starting training via crossfit. I heard its a good way to quickly drop weight and tone up and also a great bonding experience with others. But its really intense and can be dangerous. Anyone try it?

2. Blossom85

I haven't tried it myself, but my cousin's husband is a personal trainer and he owns a crossfit gym and he has women as members as well so if it's something you wanna go for, then try it.. Just don't push yourself too hard.

3. Yosia

ew exercise :c

4. shinji

shinji Guest

For toning, yes.

For weight loss... nope.

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be cautious...it strikes me as almost cult like. I'm sure it does have it's benefits, but I'd be more prone to try a more basic program, first. Plus, I hear it's pretty costly. There's good amount of controversy surrounding it, and the company is known for suing it's critics...I dunno, but it gives me a bit of a funny feeling.

6. Jwis

Like HuskyPup said and I agree it is very cult like and it does have its benefits. However I think crossfit is a terrible program for long term exercise benefits. Yes I have done it. I also speak from fitness experience. I have gone from 70+ lbs overweight to a ultra marathoner and triathlete.

Crossfit is very taxing on the body, and it is intense. I don't think it is sustainable. The best way to lose the weight, and keep it off is a good cardio program with resistance training. Keep at it, progress can be slow but it will be long term. I mix running/swimming/biking/spinning/rowing/elliptical training into my program, with a focus on swim/bike/run.