1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing about myself help?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iHeartYouu, Oct 27, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

I'm going to write a report about myself and I don't have much to write, I need ideas. Like what would be good to write, it doesnt have to be really my personality but just good stuff to write. For the sake of passing it up. One of the stuff is "How i think i have contributed to your school & nation" and "what are your future goals?"

Maybe its good if you could share your own goals and how you think you have contributed to your nation

2. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

You could write, what you from life and what you're aspirations are.

3. Candace

I think you could just write about your life experiences thus far and how you hope those life lessons will have some sort of impact on what happens in the future. How will that knowledge and wisdom transfer from one stage in your life to the next?

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This is one of those topics that, quite frankly, nobody else can really help you with. Sure, we could give our own answers -- but that's the thing. They're our answers, and not your's.

Depending on how long this has to be, I would suggest just thinking about yourself, what you have done, are talented at, and incorporate them into your answers. When it comes to future goals, just think about what you'd like to do, when you are older, and what you'd like to do for yourself, your friends and family, and the community in general.

If need be, bullshit your way through it. Tack on things, like believing in this or working hard at that, if you need to expand the length of your assignment.

These are straight forward questions, with no "right" answer, as they are asking for an opinion, so, as long as you write something, you should be okay.

5. iHeartYouu

What about all of your own life goals?

6. skizze

I'm doing a similar project for school, though it's a multi-genre project rather than a report. My teacher gave some good ideas that might be helpful to you too:

Try finding one or two items (or activities or people) that have held a special significance throughout your life, sort of like motifs in a book. For example, it you have worn glasses for a long time, you might have interesting memories, emotions, and thoughts attached to them that reveal a lot about yourself.

Do you have photos that bring up good or bad memories? Try using them as a prompt.

Try writing your own epitaph or obituary. That might give you some answers to your future goals.

7. Blossom85

I do agree with Kaiser that we can point in you in a general direction of where you want your writing to go, but anything more the that would be our answers, not yours if we began telling all of our own life goals.. What is it that you wanna do in life? What are you aspiring to when you grow up? A doctor? A lawyer? A teacher? What would you like to study in college when you get there? What are some things you are good at? What do you bring to the table? If you had to write a college entrance exam, and they needed to know what kind of person you are, what kind of student that you would bring to their college? What would you say?