1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Of friends and enemies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Falklands Sheep, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We all have, or at least had friends at one point on life. Friendship brings people together, they help each other, and have fun together. But there's one thing I never got to understand, and that really bothers me.

Why, if I'm friends with (for example) James, I can't be friends with Nick? If James and Nick hate each other, why am I forced to pick sides in a debate that's none of my business (that, by the way, started before I met either of them)? If the three of us have to share a room, why can't we at least get along, instead of Nick automatically hating me for being James' friend, and James encouraging me to hate Nick?

And even worse, what if a fourth guy, Josh, comes along and befriends Nick? Why should I hate him too? He seems to be a good guy, but NOOO! He's Nick's friend, and according to my friend James, Nick is the devil, and all of his friends are just as bad.

That's pretty much the situation I'm in right now. But it's not just one friend, but a fairly big group of people (who also happen to be, for the most part, stubborn 40 year olds). I hate this situation I got myself into, and to be fair, I want none of it. Any of you going through the same?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not going through the same, thank heavens! I'm just totally confused is all!

You need to pluck up your courage and tell these overgrown babies that it's your friendship or their drama...their choice.