1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why I hate schools alike.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iamjustababy, Oct 27, 2014.

1. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm ranting k.

Today, I pretty much got kicked out of my school. But the reasons why is completely F-d up.
    I have some green dye in my hair. And my sister's hair is dyed red on one part. The principal told us that if we don't change our hair then we can not return to school.

What's messed up about this is the fact that, the color of our hair, is more important then our education. We have to LEAVE school because we have an un natural color in our hair.

The reason is "it distracts other students." But the only people ever staring at my hair is boys. So what, is boys education more important then a girls? You ask a girl to leave the school because her hair districts boys. But a boy can get an un natural hair color and no one lifts a finger (it has happened sooo many times).
    It's completely fucked up. But at least now I won't have to deal with it.

Now, I'm not out to my school. So I'm still seen as a girl by them.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest that seems like your school is just making an excuse. The only thing that worries me is that you are missing out on a education and it could affect your future. I'm not saying this to get at you. I'm just a little concerned.

3. Floki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surprised a moron hasn't commented about how 'extreme' hairstyles are not apart of the school uniform. Some people are fucking idiots. The reason why school annoys me is because it kills creative it tries to force everyone to look, act and feel the same. Imagine if teachers actually focused on teaching instead of wasting students time going on about school shoes and 'extreme' hairstyles which don't bother any students. I think the UK would be a lot higher than 31st on the education index if teachers stopped wasting energy on this pointless stuff.

4. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    such pc bs we should all gang up and file a lawsuit for sexual discrimination that oughta get the fuckers to sing a different tune.(!)(*hug*)

5. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not saying that I agree with your principle but maybe your education is more important than your hair. Perhaps you should just do what he says because the only one who is going to suffer by you leaving school is you. It won't look good on your record. I know it's bullshit but it's important to get perspective.

6. Quiet Raven

Distracting? Really? How can it be that distracting? If people are paying more attention to your hair then the lectures that is their own choice...

I agree with this, though. I know it is frustrating to have to follow regulations that serve no purpose but to restrict. But school is important. You just gotta swallow your pride, do what they say, and go.

7. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    agrreed with quiet or file a sexual discrimination suit

8. Quiet Raven

Yeah and if you wanna do that it could be worth a try.

9. Candace

That does seem rather stupid, but I'm trying to look at it from both sides. Has anyone actually complained and whined that your hair was a distraction? Does it distract them from looking at the overhead projector and/or chalkboard/whiteboard while the teacher is teaching? I knew someone at my school who had pink hair, entirely pink hair, and nothing ever happened to her.

You say that boys are usually the ones that look at your hair, but is there any way you can actually document that and present that as evidence to your principal or someone? You just had a *streak* of it. It's not like you dyed your entire hair like a psychedelic color infusion and have neon lights blinking from it. Like I said, if someone really had a problem with it, they would have said something.

I'm sorry that you got kicked out. That's really stupid, how they value a person's appearance over education.

10. Quiet Raven

If one or two people complained about someone's hair they should just be told to deal with it.

If a lot of people came in to complain, I can understand banning it. (Though not just for girls) But I don't see that happening. Colors like that were just fine at any school I went to.

But I don't see people actually complaining about it. Like I said, if they are looking at someones hair, it would be their choice...

#10 Quiet Raven, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014