1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couch to 5k?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iHeartYouu, Oct 28, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

Anyone here tried C25K training program? Does it help to lose weight and boost stamina? If you had tried, any progress? And did you complete the whole program? How was it?

2. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have downlaoded the pod casts of the UK NHS version. Does that count? :dry:

Being serious though, I have now stopped smoking for just over a year using Alan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking book. I need to lose a bit of weight (although I didn't put any weight on by stopping smoking using Alan Carr's technique). So I'll be looking at starting the Couch to 5K programme.

I decided that stopping smoking was more important than losing weight! I will reduce alcolhol intake as well as do the exercise programme as I think that they should go hand in hand.

If, like me, you have tried everything from patches, to acupuncture, to Zyban to stop smoking, read the reviews on Amazon and buy the book. Nothing to lose as you are told not to stop smoking until the very end of the book!

3. CyclingFan

Yes, worked great. Really useful.

4. Yosia

Seems like hard work.