1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever get the feeling...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbows~Exist, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Rainbows~Exist

...that your friends don't put as much effort in to your friendship as you do? Don't get me wrong I love my bestfriend to pieces but it feels like I'm always doing things for her and when it comes to helping me with my problems she's not there or gives a half-hearted effort... Anyone else feel the same?

2. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've felt that way before. Today I'm no longer friends with the ones I felt that way about. I prefer to surround myself with people who don't drain my energy.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

No, because I would not stand for that.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. If anything, I'm usually the curmudgeon who stays aloof to most of my friends.

5. Hexagon

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here, I had a friend since childhood who never made as much effort as I did in our friendship. I always felt like it was up to me to make sure we kept in touch and got together. In the end I decided to stop and wait and see if he made the first effort for a change. He didn't. So our friendship sort of fizzled out.

7. Yosia

My old friend was like that. My new bestie isnt though, she's great.

8. Blossom85

I have had some friends like that even new friends now that I have met online where I feel like I am the one fighting to keep the friendship alive and he just doesn't care even though he says he does. Can someone really make the excuse of just being too busy? There are 24 hours in a day, surely during that 24 hours, you should have a moment or two to text or message someone.

9. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The person who was my best friend through most of my life was like that. It seemed like he only ever wanted to hang out with me when he had nothing else to do. We're pretty distant now, we were stuck in a car together earlier today and it was really awkward. I really wish I had confronted him on it at one point but at that time I didnt really have many other friends so I didn't want to further strain our friendship. I was really hurt because he was someone who I thought we were friends but He always acte like he was kind of too good to be friends with me. There were so many long periods of time when I thought we were done with our friendship then out of the blue he would invite me to hang out. Then we would be friends again for a few weeks and I wouldn't hear from him for months after that. It seemed like he only wanted to be my friend when all of his other friends were busy. Our friendship really took an emotional toll on me.

10. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes but generally i think most things are pretty even

11. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to feel that way with some of my old friends but not anymore... My current friends are pretty dang awesome. :slight_smile:

12. Candace

ALL THE TIME! You know what I started doing as a result? I told everyone...if you want to be my friend, here's my number, Facebook, Skype and call/message me. Only those who decide to return anything will be the ones that I'll continue to hang out with.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Never really had any close companionship, so, I can't speak about that. However, I can say, that when you make an impression, people will usually come back to you, when they need you. Over a period of time, if you play your cards right, they'll realize, you're pretty invaluable and start to treat you better. Of course, some may still want to use you, for what services you can provide them, but one or two will realize, how foolish they were being.

I rarely have to contact anyone. If I do, something is wrong, or something is urgent. I am always contacted offline, but it wasn't always like that. I had to put in some work, and make some impressions, but now, I'm in a respectable demand.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Pretty much , that's why I got new friends , plus my other friend ditch me because I'm lesbian so that sucks oh well now I know who my real friends are .

15. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes; that is just the nature of friendship relationships; hard to get one that is perfectly symmetric in terms of intensity of feelings, and feelings can change in intensity over time.