1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking I messed up.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jbb1236, Oct 1, 2008.

1. jbb1236

I don't know if what I did was wrong, or maybe it was the delievery but I think i FUBARed it. Well here it goes. I was talking to this guy I had met online. He had sent me a picture of him. I wasn't all that attracted to him, and in my second email to him I told "I'm not all that attracted to him, but we can sure be friends" and I got a rather nasty email from him after that.

Did I screw up by telling him what I actually felt, did maybe it put it in a not so nice way, or did he just overreact?

2. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I don't think so... if you're not attracted, then you're not attracted. You could have said something along the lines of "you're not really my type" or something along those lines (which, essentially you did) but I think he overreacted a bit.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not necessarily, but yeah - you could have worded it better. Saying "I'm not really attracted to you" is tatamount to saying "You're ugly", and nobody likes to hear that, even if they're three-bags-ugly. It may have been better to focus specifically on the positive stuff. Don't comment on the looks necessarily unless asked specifically. Stick with "You seem like a nice guy, and I think I'd like to get to know you better."

...but thank you for helping keep FUBAR in the lexicon. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Chrathionnus

Chrathionnus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you felt that way you were fine to say something because if you guys got closer you'd be thinking about how ugly he is every time he touched you.That isn't a pleasant thing.

5. riddlerno1

Well at least you didnt just log off!! you gave your reason but it seems he did over react cos if he didnt even ask you about it and went off and wrote a nasty mesage then it means he over reacted to your reasoning!