1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admiring the other genders dressing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Oct 30, 2014.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Dear friends,

Is it normal for a gay guy to admire at the way females dresses (or lesbian girls to admire at the way guys dresses)?

Or does that mean they are not homosexual?

2. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cannot say if it is normal, but I would certainly say that it doesn't mean they aren't gay.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would think it's normal . the only time i would think they were not homosexual is if they were sexually attracted to both sexes and enjoy sleeping with both .

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends how you define "admires." "To regard with approval or pleasure." I don't think it's odd to think a girl dressed nicely. If you start mentally undressing her then maybe you should consider your sexuality. hehe.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have no problem with admiring a nice lady in a dress and on occasion will undress with my eyes. But on the whole, I am a lot more respectful than that. Certain cuts of dress and the way some ladies walk, I can't help it.

6. AlamoCity

I can tell if a woman's clothing looks flattering on her and could also help choose a woman's dress that looks good on her (my mom is always asking for my opinion because I choose things that are classic and conservative and not avant-garde and/or trashy). I can also admire a woman's body. But that's it.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You mean what folks do, when they see my fly get-up?

LOL!

8. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Lots of guys of all sexual orientations like fashion, I don't think it makes you straight to notice a woman is in a nice outfit.

9. Pluie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know if I'm the best example here because I do have some attraction to guys... But totally. A guy in a nice suit will definitely make me blush a bit. (But of course, a girl in a nice suit is even better) It's kind of rare where I live to find well-dressed guys though, it's a bit, shall we say, backwoods...

10. kem

kem

I'm complimenting girls on their hair, clothes, make-up, even body, all the time.

Just the other day, there was an older woman, anywhere between 35–50, in my community art class, who was absolutely sublime. She had a velvety ochre blouse, muted green cords and worn-out floral canvas sneakers. She wasn't particularly "beautiful" in the classical sense, but there was just something about her appearance that left me in awe.
    And yeah I'm almost exclusively gay, I had no sexual attraction towards her.

11. AAASAS

I don't know, that seems like you may be interested in cross dressing. I'm gay and the idea of anything woman related seems unbelievably uncomfortable and ridiculous. The female way of dressing seems like a tediously annoying task. Not bashing on females, but I'm sort of glad I'm a guy because I get to wear basic comfortable clothes and it's still considered acceptable. A girl can't exactly wear baggy jeans and a hoodie without being considered a lesbian unfortunately.

Girls can wear jeans, but they have to be tight form fitting ones. They can wear hoodies but they have to be tighter.

I really don't like tight clothes.

I'll throw this in, a lot of straight people cross dress, and they're straight, so I'm getting the feeling that cross dressing and transgender is sort of deeper than sexuality, and sometimes doesn't even involve sexuality.

I know plenty of straight girls that prefer to dress in looser clothes, so in a way they're enjoying the typical male way of dressing. Just proving that clothing really is more of a preference thing; guys wear dresses basically in the middle east.

#11 AAASAS, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  12. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Thanks for your responses guys :slight_smile:

13. BiPenguin

You could try on a women's outfit in private and leave it on for a few hours when nobody is going to disturb you just to see how it feels.

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well, I have an appreciation for historical fashions. Part of that's the craftsmanship that went behind it and how much insight that leaves into societies of the past. Do I admire female clothing? It's complicated. I definitely admire the work that goes into it and the color and designs involved. But it's a huge reminder of a past I don't like thinking about.

15. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Thanks for your replies BiPenguin and drwinchester :slight_smile:

16. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm a lesbian and i admire the way men dress.... i mean, i dress in dude's clothes everyday. and i think the scenario here is the same for men with a strong feminine side and women with a strong masculine side. if we didn't admire the way the opposite sex dresses, why would we do it?

17. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I totally do like womens fashion, more than guys tbh. But I'd would rather ALL clothing stayed on than came off. I think females are hotter like that - not contusive with actual sexual actions

18. Aaron165

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well it is what ever you as a person are comfortable with.

19. CyanChachki

It's normal. It's okay to admire someone's style.. that doesn't mean that you feel something for them as a person. Fashion is one of the many things that make a person who they are, even if they don't wear their own.

20. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't really wear 'girly' clothing so I guess I admire it that way. I always wear video game T-shirts that I usually get in the Men's section (I've even tried fan clothes in the women's section and they did NOT fit me. It's amazing how small and tight women's clothing is) and loose pants. So I admire guys for generally getting better clothing than we do LOL!