1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Halloween Movies of the new millenium

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by twospiritlycan, Oct 31, 2014.

1. I put millenium instead of 2000s because 2010s might make it confusing...

Anyway, What spooky, scary, or halloween themed movies of this time would you consider to be a new halloween classic?

I'd probably say Coraline would be one...

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coraline is awesome. I'm not a massive Halloween or horror fan, but surely Let The Right One In has to be considered?

3. TheStormInside

If you like Coraline you should definitely see ParaNorman, it's not just one of my favorite Halloween movies but one of my favorite movies overall.

4. Justinian20

There aren't really any new proper Halloween movies, the movies played on Halloween have almost always been ones from the 80's(Wes Craven). I don't really consider animated films, classic Halloween films. I would say one that could fit in with the group of horror movies watched on Halloween is The Conjuring, The Cabin in the Woods(two okay horror movies of this decade that I haven't watched cause I still want to watch the original Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Paranormal Activity and Saw, immediately come to mind. Not because I like them, but due to the fact, they keep pumping them out. Like the 80s spewed Freddy Krueger and Michael Myers, the 00s-10s gave us supernatural spooks and Jigsaw.

I haven't seen, much of anything, past the mid-90s, that give me that 'Halloween movie' feel to them. Scream, the first one, is a notable exception... but, that film was also poking fun of Horror cliches, and was a clever and nostalgic piece, for any older Horror fans.

Corpse Bride is a very cutely dark movie, but it came out in 2005. If you're specifically asking, for anything 2010 to 2014, uh, I'm drawing a blank. Nothing has really appealed to me, in these last 4 years.