1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your earliest childhood memory?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GArchi1992, Nov 3, 2014.

1. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the title suggests, what's the earliest memory you recall quite vividly?

For me it has to be my using a tannoy in a hardware store at the age of 6 and shouting "mayday mayday calling all cars" and having it echo around the whole store!

2. Blossom85

Sitting in my parents room watching Robocop with my dad when I was 4 years old and I distinctly remember asking dad "When is Robocop coming on", at the start of the movie.

3. FelixJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember when I was 3 ish we were moving house and I was given my first lollipop (stop thinking what you're thinking). I had no idea what to do with it so I bit down hard (NO) and it shattered into tiny sharp pieces... Lol. I also remember rolling down the first half of our stairs which I survived unscathed - yay!

4. Hexagon

I'm not quite sure this is the earliest, as it isn't timestamped, but whatever. Paris, when I was two, climbing the eiffel tower, and nearly falling of a large ferris wheel.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Solar eclipse, 1999. My mother was in hospital recovering from surgery, when it happened. We went to the balcony and watched.

I also remember being at nursery and I can clearly picture this blonde girl and the woman who ran it (called Lynn - short black hair). Must have been three.

#5 imnotreallysure, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  6. Nikky DoUrden

I remember i saw robocop when i was young and thinking "why the good guys always win ? i wish robocop would die !" :X
    I was just asking for Game of Thrones i guess

7. White Knight

Wow! That made me feel old. I was in Military service. :confused:

I am really bad with that time thing. I remember bits of things. Some vivid pictures in my head are belong to times;

Lying next to my father and having strange feelings and urge to pee.
    Waking up on an operation table surrounded by doctors when I had a car accident.

Can't remember which one is earlier but surely they are before I started school.

8. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Embarrassingly enough, my earliest memory was when I was three... I was obsessed with Snow White, so I was wearing a Snow White dress and laying on the steps in my grandparents' house just like Snow White in her coffin... Kind of creepy, looking back on it. Not to mention very princess-y.

9. Rosalynn

I'm not sure what my earliest memory is. But one I know happened pretty early in my life. I was three and helping bathe my newborn sister and I promised to love her forever. A bit sappy now that I think about it.

10. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I realised my gender identity at the age of 2 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

When I had surgery at 3 years old to correct crossed eyes.

The pain was immense

12. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was about 6 weeks before I turned 3 years old. We were at my aunt's house and I was watching the grownups toss stones into the in-ground swimming pool and dive in after them. I remember quite distinctly thinking that it looked like they were having fun jumping into the water, and I wanted to do it too. So I did! They fished me out in time, obviously, but I was very close to drowning, and the feeling of water anywhere near my nose still sends me into a panic to this day.

13. Candace

Going to a family friend's party. I remember walking into their living room with high vaulted ceilings, and ceiling fans. I was mesmerized by them, until my mom came into the house and got me to take me back outside. This was probably March of 1994.

14. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My earliest memory I believe is when I was about 1 year and 8 months old. I remember walking in a narrow hall (in the apartment we lived in) and seeing this gigantic thing which was my mum's pregnant belly. It was huuuge. Or maybe it was me who were small.

15. cuppycake

Me, trying on my mom's stocking. I know. LOL

16. Ned B

I have fleeting memories from before age 3. Vague recollections of the room I slept in in the basement of my parents rented condo, and being able to see the light coming from their bedroom in the next room.

I have quite a few memories of the house my parents rented for 6 months at age 3-3.5. My dad sitting at the desk drawing up plans of the next house. Playing in the sand in what would become the garage of that house. Spending time in the basement, which was set up as a make-shift guest room. I don't remember things that happened as much as being in that physical environment.

Around that age is the first dream I remember too. It was a nightmare of hiding on the couch behind my mom as a giant brown hairy monster with an enormous mouth was about to attack us.

17. Nalce

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe my first memory was when I was 4 yeard old. It was my first day of kindergarten. I hated it, I cried, and I did not want my mom to leave me there. So she stayed with me until lunchtime, until I warmed up. Then I was fine after that!

18. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have early memories of a hotel room in Virginia--it was during a business trip of my dad's. I must've been no older than 2 1/2.

I cried on my first day of kindergarten too -_- Wouldn't let go of my mom.

19. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Nursery, I was running around climbing on the sink.. Driving the teachers crazy.

20. iiimee

Accidently throwing a brick at my sister's head... It was an accident!