1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange email from ex's current bf

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by duende84, Nov 3, 2014.

1. duende84

Today of all days I received a bit of a strange email from my ex's current bf.

Apparently my ex does not discuss a lot of info with his current bf on what we had and now he wants to know from my side. Is it a trap?

To be honest, I replied with truth and honestly without slinging mud. And I also mentioned that I find the email weird but encouraged them to work at the relationship if they really love each other.

:dry: :dry: :dry:

2. King

Its unusual and he sounds like he is suspicious, but unless you tell us what the email said or paraphrase it then it is tough to analyse.

Its good that you did not message him in a bitter way.

3. Incognito10

Personally, I would not want to engage with an exes current BF; especially if we ended amicably I wouldn't want him to feel I am betraying him by revealing any info or alliance behind his back. I would pretty much ask myself if I would like someone to do that to me, and the answer is, "no." Their relationship is their relationship and they need to work out their communication issues without you.

Just my opinion.

4. duende84

This was his mail. I had to translate it.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's really none of his business, and whatever they have going on is their own thing, not yours.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you handled the email in a healthy way. I'd avoid or minimize future conversations, it's just going to triangulate things. I have to say it is a bit manipulative or shady that this new bf is reaching out to you. I'm sure he did not tell your ex he was doing so, and that isn't a healthy sign. So the less involvement, the better.

7. duende84

Chip, yes, I have my suspicions... I stated my case and that is it. If he hassles me any more I will simply forward the email to my ex. And then they can take it from there.

8. duende84

The guy replied back. Shame, I had to learn some sad news. The ex's mom passed away recently and also he came out fully and everyone accepts him it seems. I am happy for him but also sad about his mother.

9. duende84

Guys, somehow I want to get the idea that it is not my ex's bf but my ex himself that used an unknown/alias email to contact me and fish for information.

C'est la vie ...

I could be wrong but.

10. yeahyeah

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether is your ex or his boyfriend, I don't think they should be writing to you because non of them has to do anything with your life and your ex is that, an ex so what happened between you two is history.