1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The French Revolution

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Amy, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Amy

Amy

I have to say, The French Revolution is now one of my favorite historical events. I'm getting a double whamie of it-- in World History(its Honours so we learning EVERYTHING possible) and my class is reading Tale of Two Cities in English(also Honours...>_>).

God, I frickin' LOVE The French Revolution.

Anyone else share my new--and slightly strange--obbsession?

2. Miles D

not meee.....
    lo siento.

:frowning2:

3. PenAndInk

I think it's a fascinating subject. I've read a couple biographies of Marie Antoinette, and generally learned the politics of the Revolution. It was a great time in French history, but also a terrible time in my opinion

4. Amy

Amy

ive always stood against aristocracy, but marie antoinette kicks ass. except for the fact that she drove her nation into, well, the french revolution.

it was a very scary. i havent studied a time that i would love and hate to live in, but this time is so fasinating.

que? ingles, por favor.

5. epiphanies

I'm intrigued by the French Revolution, too. My ancestors were French Huguenots, so I have a link back to that time. It's pretty nice seeing the little people rise up against the few strong people.

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The French Revolution is pretty interesting. It's a time in history (that we learn about) that's dedicated to France. The American Revolution is a little more interesting to me, but on a worldly perspective, the French Revolution can be just as interesting.

7. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, the French Revolution. Where they went a bit more insane and killed a bunch of people. And tried to invent a new calender. Good times.

8. Janvier

Yeah, the French used to have balls, now they're all wusses.. Mai 68 was entertaining too. In Paris theres more and more graffiti in the subway saying 'Sarkozy, Mai 68 is coming for you !!' so yay :slight_smile: maybe another (mini-)revolution soon.

9. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I freakin' HATED Tale of Two Cities. The most boring book I've ever read after Heart of Darkness and The Scarlet Letter (well, after re-reading this book, I actually liked it more now)